Quickest add material?

Designer1

I know there are many ways of creating custom materials.  My question is if Im in 3d view and have created a custom tile roof and want to just add that roofing to my library, what is the quickest most efficient way of doing this?  Such a junior question despite me using chief for so long.  I typically have done it before in round about ways but wanted to ask what the best way to do it is.

Thanks in advance!

The Material Definition Tool (rainbow Icon) will allow you to make any changes , eg rename the material , and then save it to the Library , not sure if it works in your particular Case though?

M

I find the quickest way to deal with materials is usually using the Plan Materials dialog.  You can either modify the material directly through that dialog and then click Add To Library, OR, if you've already modified a material in your plan, you can first use the object eyedropper to select your material and then switch to the material painter tool.  If you go this route, all you have to do is click on the Plan Materials tab and your previously selected material will already be highlighted.

• Like 1