4K TV VS Monitor

rispgiu

6 hours ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

I did the math the other day, and the pixel density on a 55" 4K TV would be higher than on my 32" 1080p monitor.  I see no reason that using said TV with a 4K capable video card would not produce sharp text and clean, clear lines.  That being said, probably best to bring your system to the dealer and demo the TV before you buy.

Thats a great idea. Thx 

On 6/1/2018 at 11:06 PM, Richard_Morrison said:

No, the keyboard should be in front of the main monitor. I

I keep laptop on my left, main screen at 45 in corner, and 3rd on right skewed in a bit. I use a second cordless keyboard in front of the main screen which also gives my left hand access to the laptop's number pad so I no longer need my wireless number pad. If my desk was deeper I might add another keyboard ;)

FWIW, this is my setup, one I have found very comfortable working with for several years now.  39" 4K flanked by the 30" dells.  I bought the motorized desk legs and then made my own custom desktop out of some 1-1/8" plywood, and laminate flooring.  There are presets you can set up for up to 4 different height positions.  I only need 2, one standing, and one sitting on the exercise ball.  I probably go back and forth 3-4 times a day.  I also got an industrial rubber pad to stand on (in my socks), and a heating pad under that.

If I were to ever get new monitors, I am not really sure how useful getting anything much larger would be, you would just have to put them back farther, and then the 4K resolution seems kind of moot.  And, I don't want to turn my neck any more than I already do.  Seems there is a practical limit to the screen real estate you can use effectively.

Computer Setup.jpg

2 minutes ago, BryceEngstrom said:

FWIW, this is my setup, one I have found very comfortable working with for several years now.  39" 4K flanked by the 30" dells.  I bought the motorized desk legs and then made my own custom desktop out of some 1-1/8" plywood, and laminate flooring.  There are presets you can set up for up to 4 different height positions.  I only need 2, one standing, and one sitting on the exercise ball.  I probably go back and forth 3-4 times a day.  I also got an industrial rubber pad to stand on (in my socks), and a heating pad under that.

If I were to ever get new monitors, I am not really sure how useful getting anything much larger would be, you would just have to put them back farther, and then the 4K resolution seems kind of moot.  And, I don't want to turn my neck any more than I already do.  Seems there is a practical limit to the screen real estate you can use effectively.

Computer Setup.jpg

Bryce, how do you like sitting on that ball, I'm sure I'd pop it.

13 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Bryce, how do you like sitting on that ball, I'm sure I'd pop it.

LOL.  I highly doubt it.  I used to weigh 200 lbs. and never had a problem with it.  Mine is a 95 cm ball.  You have to just figure out the right inflation level for you.   I actually started sitting on the ball many years ago, probably 8 or 9.  It made an enormous difference with lower back pain, after coming off of being a bags-on contractor for all of my career before that.  It took several months to slowly work up to sitting on it full time, but I haven't worked with a chair at all now since then.  It's standing or the ball, that's it.

I just started using a 3rd monitor.  love it. 

Over all the full width as shown is 5'-6" but it feels fine.

(2) 27" and one 34" 4k ultra-wide curved monitor - all Samsung

Shown on my motorized drafting table (works for sit-stand), so I guess I can say that I am still drawing on the board. :o5b1706e760d3c_2018-05-2209_42_50.thumb.jpg.02976a048f202700ca0b5e7078321ce8.jpg