Garden bed edging...totally stuck

DaliaSassoon

Hi,

When creating kidney or odd shaped curved garden beds, is there a trick to creating an edging? Whether it be raised or flate, how do I build it so it follows the curve of the bed? I figured out to copy/paste in place, enlarge concentrically and then convert to polyline solid and then change the material but there aren't stone options that looked realistic on a squared off top like that.  I wanted a natural stone look. 

And then I needed a planter edging in a similar look for a terrain region that was straight on one side because it followed the fence at the back and curved in the front.  So my concentric trick above wouldn't work.  Please help!

When I tried to build it using curved fencing and then convert it to the two block high retaining wall style in the library, it was a disaster.  Too chunky, didn't follow the line of the garden bed nicely because the curved fencing was in segments that were to clumsy and when I wanted to change the structure of the fence, my options were limited.  

I'm using x10Premiere. 

garden bed edge 2.jpg

garden bed edge.jpg

OMRI BARNWOOD FINAL VIEW 11.jpg

Flower-Bed-Edges-Ideas.jpg

stone wall.jpg

tulsa_landscape_dry_stacked_plate_limestone_wall_edging.jpg.png

Hi There,

Have you tried around over your garden bed with the 'spline terrain curb'?

You can adjust the height and width of the curb.  If you are wanting a cap stone detail as well, you can copy/paste hold your new curb and convert to a polyline solid.

You can play around with different materials to get the look your after.

Hope this helps.

Dru

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddaigle said:

Hi There,

Have you tried around over your garden bed with the 'spline terrain curb'?

You can adjust the height and width of the curb.  If you are wanting a cap stone detail as well, you can copy/paste hold your new curb and convert to a polyline solid.

You can play around with different materials to get the look your after.

Hope this helps.

Dru

Never realized such a tool exited - thanks. May not help the OP with all the details but should help a bit.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:47 PM, DaliaSassoon said:

Hi,

Please post your .plan file with some notes on how you would like your terrain to look.

There are material catalogs on CA's website or you could always make your own.

There are plent of different methods that can be used to create the look you want. If you dont care so much about accuracy in sectional views I would suggesting using solids and maybe moldings etc.

12 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Never realized such a tool exited - thanks. May not help the OP with all the details but should help a bit.

Think that's cool, you can do some crazy stuff with spline distribution areas with random rotation and scale using rocks or cad blocks of plants