Cabinet Molding

AndreaKDC

I have two panels side by side, different depths, and they have the same decorative base molding.  One panel is blue and the other is white, however, the base moldings keep rendering one color or the other.  How do I render them each a different color? 

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 5.12.17 PM.png

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the questions and suggestions.

Yes, in Chief terms it is the "partitions" I'm having trouble with.  As shown in the image, there is a white built-in bookcase under the window, and to the left is a blue cabinet with more depth.  I want the decorative baseboard of the blue, tall partition to be a matching blue, and I want the decorative baseboard on the bookcase to be a matching white.  In the image it shows that the white color carried onto the tall, blue partition.  It is doing it automatically.  If I use the material eyedropper to paint the tall partitions baseboard back to blue, then the bookcase baseboard becomes blue as well, and vice versa.  What is the best approach to resolving this? 

Thank you,

Andrea

Is it a room molding? a molding done in the cabinet DBX? or a molding line? (hence why Eric suggested post the plan-just make sure it is closed before posting it.)

These were drawn as two separate molding lines. Before drawing the second one turn off "Connect CAD segments, and draw it so that it goes past the first one- then when you turn Connect back on it won't connect so it won't change color.

molding.png

molding.plan

Hi Mark,

I apologize for such a late response.  I went into the partition's specifications and added a molding there under the molding tab.  I ended up raising the molding on the bookcase partition 1/16" above the floor to offset it from the tall partition, so they wouldn't connect and render the same color.  This "fixed" it, but I still would love to learn how to truly fix the issue if you have the answer.  I've uploaded the file per yours and Eric's suggestion.

Thank you!

Andrea

York_Kitchen_1.0.plan

When you say copy do you mean for me to click the "add molding" tab and add another base molding (the same molding style) to my partition?  If you were to make the base molding you entered in 4" high and 0" from the bottom of the partition, to match the adjacent moldings, would it still remain the default color?  

Andrea

Ok, I'll try this method.  Thank you.

As you can see, I am new at posting my own dilemmas on Chief, so thank you for the letting me know how to properly use Tips and Techniques versus Q&A.

-Andrea