Do Cabinet MFC Libraries have their own boxes

Louie_Carter

I need a clarification about cabinet manufacturer libraries in Chief.  At any time has the various manufacturers had their own boxes to go along with their door styles and finishes?  I have always understood to use Chief's boxes (Wall and Base, etc) and then apply finishing touches with a mfc door style and finish, along with any .dbx changes I would want to make.  Another party has insisted to me that they have seen and used mfc boxes, not Chief's.  I just do not recall that ever being the case.  What is correct?

I seem to remember that may have been the case at one time.  Maybe back around v9.5 - X1 but not since.  The only way to do that now is by saving a cabinet in the User Library within a sub folder with the Mfr Name. code, door style, etc.

I know Cheryl and probably Mark do that.  I have a few such cabinets saved myself.

We pretty much always use completely custom cabinetry built locally and so I've never used cabinets from manufacturer libraries, but there's no reason a manufacturer catalog couldn't include cabinets as cabinet symbols and therefore include the box itself as part of that symbol.  Not saying any of the libraries are set up that way because I don't know, but its definitely possible.