Trouble With Semi-transparent Casing

WoodlandDesign

Has anyone seen or been affected by this condition? 

On my exterior 3D renderings, whether in PBR or standard, the door and or window casings will sometimes become semi-transparent.  I have played around with several things including increasing the casing thickness, adjusting ambient occlusion, adjusting window thickness, adjusting framing, etc.  I haven't had this problem before and can't seem to understand what's causing it.

Attached, are some renderings that depict condition.  I can include plan if that would useful

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Untitled 13.jpg

Untitled 12.jpg

I took a look at your plan. My conclusion is that I could find NOTHING out of place. Therefore, I would send a copy of this file to Tech support for their evaluation. Your file looks the same on your PC as on mine, so Tech Support should be able to figure out "something" useful to you and everyone else. I did not try PBR but in Standard Render, trims appeared and disappeared relative to your view angle.

DJP

2 hours ago, WoodlandDesign said:

Has anyone seen or been affected by this condition? 

On my exterior 3D renderings, whether in PBR or standard, the door and or window casings will sometimes become semi-transparent.  I have played around with several things including increasing the casing thickness, adjusting ambient occlusion, adjusting window thickness, adjusting framing, etc.  I haven't had this problem before and can't seem to understand what's causing it.

Attached, are some renderings that depict condition.  I can include plan if that would useful

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Untitled 13.jpg

Untitled 12.jpg

Hi , not sure if it is part of the issue but none of the effected windows are recessed to Sheathing , and when I turned recessed on, the casing disappeared altogether, which lead me to change the casing to Chief's baseboard CA-001 ( sizes left at default ) and the Casing came back , so there maybe an issue with the Brosco Moulding Library?

Capture11.thumb.PNG.d09e2406d8bbbc3eaa96f6d285a802e1.PNG

This is definitely a problem with the molding itself.  It appears that molding was created with the origin at the wrong side (right-bottom instead of left-bottom).  I replaced it with a molding from the Core Library (3x10 Handrail) with size set to 5-1/2" x 1-1/2" and it works perfectly. 

Thanks all.

Several of the things that you tried are also what I tried.  It has been frustrating as the problem seems to come and go.  It seems obvious it's not my computer as it's happening to others which eliminates at least one thing.

I played with the defaults and also noticed that sometimes it helped and other times not so much.  This includes changing recessing windows, changing molding mfg., increasing depth of casings, overlapping of casing, all kinds of things.

I think the roof positioning is off where the bumpout intersects with the main section of roofing.  That is pointed out in Solver's observations.  I will go back and try to fine tune it a little.

Joe, I just tried what you recommended and that seems to be it!  CA can be pretty moody and obstinate at times.

Thanks everyone for the input.  I hope you're all having a great Memorial holiday weekend. 

10 minutes ago, WoodlandDesign said:

Joe, I just tried what you recommended and that seems to be it!  CA can be pretty moody and obstinate at times.

I also tried changing the 8993C molding by:

1. Right Click and Place molding profile
  2. Reflect horizontally about molding profile
  3. Add to User Library as "8993C-R"

Then I replaced the Window Exterior Casing with the new one from the User Library.

This also worked perfectly.  There is no doubt that the molding was defined incorrectly.  You should report this to CA_Content as a bug.  All moldings should be defined with the start point at the bottom-left.

• Like 1