Shaving Cupboard In Wall

imagekit

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

yes i am new.i am getting frustrated. i am in australia and not having the ability to pick up the phone and ask a question or knowing anybody using chief is making it hard to learn.Couple this with the fact that i have never used a cad package,limited computer knowlege,

and 3 homes to design sitting on my desk .

1st from what have been able to produce so far the system is very good.

can i come onto this forum and ask lots of questions?

can you tell me how to recess a wall cb into the wall for a shaving cb?

can you tell me how to send / email pictures to clients?

can you tell me how to put logo and info on layout page?

or if you know of a video a link. i have searched.

thankyou

sure that's why the forum is here ...end users helping end users...mostly and you aint the only Aussie here ....

Use a wall cabinet set to 85mm deep  ( little shallower than stud) and insert into the wall by holding the control key down as you drag it into postion / thru the wall/gib.

most save views to PDF and send to clients that way or use the File>export>picture  to save and send jpeg files.

import the jpeg of your Logo as an image I think and paste into the layout sheet.

there is a user group in Melbourne, not sure about other areas https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/forum/14-local-user-groups/

• Solution

you would need to use a few CAD lines to show the recess I believe.

if you send to layout you can scale it , then print to PDF   , X6 has inbuilt PDF ,X5 use a PDF print driver like PDF995.

for fast easy views for clients you can just export a jpeg , ( same as if you were there with a camera )  and send them, just make the window show what you want , zoom in out etc then snap a pic ( file>export>picture>jpeg.) and email it to the client.

M.