Cannot open backup toolbar configuration

Louie_Carter

Chief X5 question.  I have completely lost my toolbars.  I was trying to create a new one and somehow must have destroyed them.  I tried renaming the Toolbars file to "Toolbars Old" but nothing happens to get them back.  I also tried a reset defaults and nothing there, either.

Hide Toolbars is NOT checked.

Attached screen capture shows the exact error message.  Anyone with an answer that doesn't require a full new installation from my CD disk?

I will thank everyone in advance for some help.

Chief Toolbars2.JPG

Edited by Louie_Carter
added sentence

Thanks for responding.  I was actually trying to add to an existing toolbar, but in the process, they disappeared and I could not find them again.  I first renamed the toolbar folder to Old and then restarted Chief.  No toolbars.  The more I tried more things I found in searches, the more it seemed to go wrong. 

I am no longer in SSA and have not contacted Chief Support as yet, hoping someone here would have an answer.  I hope not to have to do a fresh install from my backup CD.  I restarted Chief, but have not yet rebooted the computer........short of time for that right now due to doctors appt in less than an hour.

Thanks.  Any other ideas, I'd appreciate.

I am not sure a reboot is necessary but it would not hurt to try.  Othewise maybe someone would be willing to share a file with you.  Or try restoring the toolbar name and see if you can get back to where you were before going ahead again.

Problem solved, but not easily.  It took the help of Chief Technical Support over one hour to help find a solution.  Important to note from their comments.  A recent Windows Update has affected some computers in an adverse way, and I was the second caller to Technical Support today with the similar problem as the earlier caller.  We had to download an archived Program Update for my Chief Version X5, then uninstall the one on my computer.  We then had to install the Update.  The first time gave an error message, so we had to do the whole thing again.  This also involved renaming existing Toolbar names twice before the program would start and finally update Toolbars.  After one hour, fifteen minutes, and a service fee of $125.00 because I no longer have SSA, I am back up and running again. Many thanks to Nigel of Technical Support for his patience with me and my slow operating laptop............