Roof issues, again

cv2702

This upgrade job is driving me nuts.  I just can't get the 2nd level roof to build at all and I'm out of ideas; it needs to be gable.  Can anyone please tell me what I've missed?

Note that the garage roof is custom or else it doesn't line up with the front porch roof.

image.thumb.png.01e4aecce8ce79073b490fde8c86cdde.png

Hunt.plan

Assuming auto roof build.

If you want the front roof and the garage roof to line up, you have to make the absolute ceiling heights the same.

To get the roof to auto rebuild, make the front porch returns the same width as the front porch.

• Upvote 1

Took a look at this plan. Something is wrong with a setting somewhere. The only way so far that I can get the 2nd. floor roof to build automatically is to not have it build a roof for the front porch. I can redraw the perimeter walls as shown in his plan in a new blank plan with the front porch and it builds all roofs just fine. Spent 25 minutes trying to find the problem and still haven't found the problem but could actually draw all roofs manually in 10.

11 hours ago, glennw said:

Assuming auto roof build.

If you want the front roof and the garage roof to line up, you have to make the absolute ceiling heights the same.

To get the roof to auto rebuild, make the front porch returns the same width as the front porch.

I've become addicted to this forum: I learn something new every day.  Compared to the many other forums I follow, you guy/girls show so much generosity!  So thank you all.

Now, I started down the answer list sequentially.  Your answer (#1) Glenn is actually the ultimate solution.  I redid it twice just to be sure: I just couldn't believe it the first time.  Making the side sections of the front porch the same depth as the front part resolved all automatic roofing issues!!!  I can't make sense of how this 'touch up' impacts the garage roof and the second floor roof, but it does.  Thanks again.

10 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:
Here is what I did with your file, thanks for sharing it!

DJP

My gratitude to you sir for showing me a bunch of stuff in that video.  When I started, I watched a ton of tutorials, read the reference manual almost cover to cover, but I have memory limitations (I'm getting old too).  So seeing someone actually going through the motions of selecting various tools while working on a plan, that I totally forgot about, but now need to use as I develop my knowledge of the product, well I learned a lot.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, solver said:

This is auto built. Changed the garage to Roof Group 1.

Still needs some fixup.

Why not just manually draw?

ct1.thumb.jpg.711ae1e30a377416e48f0f50d1e5039b.jpg

Just remembered the benefits of roof groups, thanks.

P.S. The reason I use automatic roofing is to not get caught up with things such as that red circled issue on your image.  I tried my hand at a 5 pane roof early on and the too many hours spent drove me back to automatic.