Shadows in Layout

wjmdes

So I have spent 80+ hours working on a remodel for a shopping center, and it looks great until I send it to layout. Below are just an enlarged portion

In plan file:

5b02eb7bd32b3_CAShadowBS1.thumb.JPG.239dd06bc12a9aa231f67eaa15a62b85.JPG

In Layout:

5b02eb8c3a8f0_CAShadowBSinLayout1.thumb.JPG.ab1a2ec2fd83939733a71c067949f1d0.JPG

I am sending all this to support, but I am in a foul mood that I have to send this garbage to a client.  Anybody have any suggestions while I wait on support?

Renderings look good!!

5b02ec28aa9de_Ulta-HG4.thumb.jpg.a2b61caa80604b86d79aef70aa92c05e.jpg

18 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

X10, wow, it is very clear in these 2 photos a major difference between looking great and looking terrible.

I certainly hope tech did not say you were the first one to send that in as it is a known issue that was a lot worse and has been improved but is still not correct.

Layout view is plot lines with color fill I assume.

Try creating a high resolution image file of your elevation and send that to layout at 300 dpi or more.

Definitely some fuzziness in the Layout.

17 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

I have been informed it is time for a new processor and video card. ;)

Might be worthwhile upgrading that video card, or at least check on drivers.  Do you see similar behaviour with other renderings?

2 minutes ago, cv2702 said:

Might be worthwhile upgrading that video card, or at least check on drivers.  Do you see similar behaviour with other renderings?

If it was video card would it not display the same in plan ?

21 minutes ago, cv2702 said:

All updated and current

54 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

sorry, I just don't see it.

54 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Disclaimer, Answers are not always correct, I'm testing you.

You might actually be able to help out here Perry if you are able to send an elevation to layout ( Plot Lines with Color Fill ) with no distortion.  I can't do it so you would be helping me as well.

30 minutes ago, JJohnson said:

Perry, look at the little address numbers over the doors in plan view, they are legible.

Then look at them in layout view, just a blob.

I see it too , especially on the T in Layout....

What settings are being used when sending to layout though?  perhaps a pic of the Send to Layout DBX , so others can test too will help.

Are those the 3D text letters from the Library?

M.

18 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

What settings are being used when sending to layout though?  perhaps a pic of the Send to Layout DBX , so others can test too will help.

Seems to consistently happen to me Mick.  Here is a Core Catalog Partition and hinge with a Bonus Catalog sign that is rescaled.  And please don't say it is because of page 13.

Section View Offset Distortion DBX.jpgSection View Offset Distortion.jpg

31 minutes ago, rlackore said:

I only use Live View or Color Fill for design development, never deliverables

Just played with Live View, not that great either, but a little better.  I just NEED my elevations in color that look like they do in the .plan file.  

1 minute ago, wjmdes said:

I just NEED my elevations in color that look like they do in the .plan file.  

So are you still waiting for a reply from tech support or are you interested in the suggested workaround so you can print your plans ?

Not suggesting in any way that this is not a problem or does not need to be fixed but it usually does not happen quickly.

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

So are you still waiting for a reply from tech support or are you interested in the suggested workaround so you can print your plans ?

I'm doing both..

I'm open to a workaround, but some of these bugs I run across really affect my schedule and product (and promises I make). Do I sound aggravated? The number of times I come across an issue and the amount of time it takes to resolve is starting to affect the bottom line. Right now, I'm hoping my client does not notice how crappy it looks as they want me to travel around the Northeast doing several shopping centers for them.  This was a test run.

1 minute ago, wjmdes said:

I'm open to a workaround, but some of these bugs I run across really affect my schedule and product (and promises I make). Do I sound aggravated? The number of times I come across an issue and the amount of time it takes to resolve is starting to affect the bottom line. Right now, I'm hoping my client does not notice how crappy it looks as they want me to travel around the Northeast doing several shopping centers for them.  This was a test run.

Yes I totally agree and have a lot of the same issues myself.  That is why I suggested that you use a high resolution image file.

Just trying to help as I think I do understand what you are up against.  If you want to send me the file I would be happy to take a look and see if I could make your presentation a little more professional looking.