How to do this room specifications

Louie_Carter

I have Chief X5, but it has been at least four years since I used it.  I have forgotten many things about how to use the program.

Attached is a simple drawing that has me confused as to how I would set this up in Chief, and I would appreciate someone's help in how to set up room and roof specifications to accomplish this type layout. 

Essentially, outside walls are 9 feet, but I want a 12 foot high ceiling as shown in parts of the bedrooms and Great Room.  This means a part of the ceiling is slopped, then flat in the bedrooms at 12 feet.  Roof pitch is not important at this point.  This is a common type setup as seen in many houses built in Texas where high ceilings are featured.

Thanks in advance for viewing this and possibly lending a hand at a solution.  The attached line drawing illustration is merely a simplification of what I am seeking.

Room Specifications.JPG

If I understanding you correctly the room you want at the 9' keep as that in your settings then the rooms you want the ceiling to be higher open the room dbx and under ceilings just put in the 144 and the ceiling will be raised and sloped where needed

20 minutes ago, chief58 said:

If I understanding you correctly the room you want at the 9' keep as that in your settings then the rooms you want the ceiling to be higher open the room dbx and under ceilings just put in the 144 and the ceiling will be raised and sloped where needed

I just did this and had to lower the roof plane baseline 36" to make it work. 

Raised ceiling.jpg

It can also be done as Ray suggested , you just need to turn off Automatic Roof Build after letting the Roof build at 9ft and then set the Ceiling height to 12' ,

and possibly uncheck Has Flat Ceiling in some rooms if you want the Vaulted look.

M.