Layout Labels

EconBlueprints

How do you turn off the automatic labels that generate when I send a plan view to the layout or I send a Cad block to the layout?  I can turn them off individually, but I want to turn them off as the default setting.

Thanks,

Lane

• Like 1

I have some Layout boxes that I want to have the Label displayed for specific purposes.  Examples:

• a macro in the label that needs to execute in order to set a global variable
  • a letter or number to be moved into a callout to identify a detai

OTOH, I generally don't want the Layout Box Label displayed for a Floor Plan, Section or Elevation because I use the %view.name% macro in the Plan to automatically label that view to match what is in the Project Browser.

Yes, I am just want to have things sent to the layout without an automatic label showing up.  When it does, I click on the layout box, then turn off the label.  I was hoping that there was a default where no label would be applied to whatever view or cad detail I sent to the layout.

I will try the above suggestions on my next plan.  I am too scared to try it on this one because every time I think I have a fix for something it "unfixes" something else!

Since I have only been using Chief since around 2004, I consider myself a true novice. My  previous version prior to Premier X was Chief V10.  I think I miss it

Lane

26 minutes ago, Dermot said:

I think he wants to turn off the labels for the layout boxes, not the labels in the views he is sending.

Turn off the layer for the layout box labels on the layer set used by the layout document.

Ok, sorry about that , I thought he meant window and door labels, but it's still easy to just turn off layout box labels in the layout layerset

30 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

I will try the above suggestions on my next plan.  I am too scared to try it on this one because every time I think I have a fix for something it "unfixes" something else!

There are really three ways this can work.  You can turn them all off as Dermot suggested or you can turn them off individually for each layout box by suppressing the label, or you can leave them all turned on and use some when you like and just move the others beyond the border of your layout.  This has the advantage of providing some information in your view that can keep you organized but not show in your printed drawings.