How to display rough openings at window label?

MarkDW

It seems if the window schedules can calculate the rough openings by adding the 1/2 inch to the unit size... or whatever I set up in the framing option to be...  there's got to be a simple way to display the R.O. at each window... but how?

I know nothing about Ruby stuff nor creating text Macros. Do I need to use one of these? If so, how? I have no idea what to do! And three calls to CA tells me they aren't going to help. I'm rather frustrated!

I've seen a couple posts and even some code on a post and thought I would be able to make changes to it to get the outcome I want - but no luck. I'm doing something wrong, I guess. 

Here's an example of how I'd want the rough opening displayed (under each window)... R.O. 3'2 1/16" x 6'0 7/8"

In addition to the R.O., I'd also want the Andersen window name/code above, or below, the rough opening. Adding their specific window name/number is my next issue. Well... that, and figuring out how to get all their sizes/windows in the system!

Following is the code I found. If this is the code I need to use... can someone tell me how/where to apply it?

number = height + rough_opening_top + rough_opening_bottom

divisor = 1/16.to_f

a = ((number/divisor).round*divisor).divmod(12)

feet = a[0]

inches = a[1].floor

if a[1].modulo(1) == 0

fraction = ""

else

fraction = " #{a[1].modulo(1).rationalize}"

end

"#{feet}'-#{inches}#{fraction}\"".reverse.chomp("-'0").chomp(" 0").reverse.chomp("-0\"")

As I mentioned before, I’d be more than willing to help you get what you’re after.  It just wouldn’t be free.  Most of that section of code you’ve referenced was copied from code that I’ve already shared.  A man can only donate so much time and energy.  

The calculation is

T(L)-X =M/N

Where T is the time you have already wasted plus some more time

L is the loss of accuracy in what people are asking you to convey on the drawing

X could be just about anything you like

M is whatever Measly sum Micheal will ask for

N is for now

• Like 2

You create a ruby macro ..

Definitions:

owner.automatic_label  is your automatic label e.g. "3450SH"

owner.width is width of your window .. 3x12 +4 = 40"

owner.trimmer_count is your number of trimmers

Create macro e.g. "My_Window_label"

Label = ""

Label += (owner.automatic_label +"\n")

ro_width = owner.width + 2*(owner.sill_framing_depth*owner.trimmer_count)

#now lets convert ro_width to_ft_in

Label += "R.O. " + your converted value + " x " ...

Label

So you can write your own conversion, or lookup mine, Alaska_son's, etc.

>In addition to the R.O., I'd also want the Andersen window name/code above, or below, the rough opening. Adding their specific window name/number is

>my next issue. Well... that, and figuring out how to get all their sizes/windows in the system!

Create an array or structure and lookup a name..

• Like 1