Texture in plan View

gelbuilding

No I don't think so but I have seen some neat stuff done with an Orthographic top view if that is what you are getting at.

Unless you wanted to do something really special and import image files into plan view.

For the flooring patterns ?  I don't see why you could not bring in a properly scaled image and overlay it on there but not sure chief will make that an automatic option any time soon, but for the right presentation it would look pretty cool.

I send top ortho view to layout as image and place it over the plan.  

The image will have to be scaled and then point to point place over your plan view. 

The image is even set to “back” by default so even that is already set up. 

Here’s an example. 

(Assuming I understood what you were looking for)

screenshot 2018-05-20 11.54.16.png

On 5/20/2018 at 7:58 AM, Michael_Gia said:

The image will have to be scaled and then point to point place over your plan view. 

There is a much quicker way to do this actually.  Just use Fill Window Building Only in both your plan view and in your orthographic overview.  Then send each of the 2 views to layout as Current Screen.  They will automatically be lined up perfectly. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

There is a much quicker way to do this actually.  Just use Fill Window Building Only in both your plan view and in your orthographic overview.  Then send each of the 2 views to layout as Current Screen.  They will automatically be lined up perfectly. 

This is a great tip except!....You can’t rotate the orthoview if it is sent as a plan view only if it is sent to layout as image for some reason. 

At least that has been my experience. 

Can’t rotate, not even with the “Transform/Replicate” tool.

So this is why I send as image and resize since your tip about “fill building to window” doesn’t work unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

So this is why I send as image and resize since your tip about “fill building to window” doesn’t work unfortunately.  

Do this instead...

1. Rotate your camera and Fill Window Building Only
  2. Send that view to layout As Current Screen
  3. Go back to plan view, click Tools>Plan Views>Rotate Plan View and rotate the plan view to orient it the same direction as you rotated the camera view.
  4. Fill Window Building Only
  5. Either send that plan view to layout As Current Screen, OR Click Tools>Plan Views>Rotate Plan View and rotate the plan view back to 0.0°, send it to layout As Current Screen, and then rotate the layout box. 

Again, these steps should automatically align your views.

26 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Do this instead...

1. Rotate your camera and Fill Window Building Only
  2. Send that view to layout As Current Screen
  3. Go back to plan view, click Tools>Plan Views>Rotate Plan View and rotate the plan view to orient it the same direction as you rotated the camera view.
  4. Fill Window Building Only
  5. Either send that plan view to layout As Current Screen, OR Click Tools>Plan Views>Rotate Plan View and rotate the plan view back to 0.0°, send it to layout As Current Screen, and then rotate the layout box. 

Again, these steps should automatically align your views.

Hey thanks!

Worked like a charm. 

Now why didn't I think of that?...