Show Daylight Plane on an angled Lot

excelnow

I managed to get this far using Tall but narrow 3D boxes. My problem comes when the Plane I am trying to show is 

on an off angle. When I try to rotate the Red wall (3D box) on the right 45 degrees down, it lifts one leg or the other

up or down and it dose not matter which axis I choose.  How do I resolve this?  I have to show this to the building 

department as they do not believe what we are showing them in 2D. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For Daylight Plane.jpg

Try just using a psoild drawn in elevation view and set your camera to the skewed angle before you start.  Or make a symbol of your entire model and rotate the symbol and cut it on the set angle with the Cross Section Slider.

I don't fully understand the issue but maybe that gives you a couple more options.

If I make a symbol of the entire model to rotate it,  I lose the ability to make a set of construction documents,

and all of my heights will become wrong.

Also, that seems like a lot of motion to go through just to get 1 entity to appear right in a plot/print.

This is kind of like locking my arm in place then moving my chair in different directions to

write my signature. Isnt there something else I can use that when rotated down 45 degrees

wont cut through the walls. As powerful as this program is there is got to be another way

of accomplishing this.

The symbol idea was just something you could throw into a new plan file and create an illustration from and maybe send to layout.

There may in fact be another way but I am still not exactly sure from your screen shot and description exactly what you need to do.

You could wait for a response from someone who has done this for their building department and understands exactly what you need or post your plan file and maybe someone who understands the software well can help you figure out a solution.