Weird screen issue, need help

amddrafting

So my new laptop crapped out on a week ago.  LCD screen died, thankfully not the computer.  So while I'm without that one I've stepped back into my old laptop and and limping along the best that I can with this one.  However I have a nagging issue with only Chief (that I can tell so far).

When I go into an elevation view or a 3D view and close the window the 2D floor plan view basically is frozen in place.  The mouse disappears whenever it gets in the area of the the open 2D window and doesn't reappear until you move it out of the window.  You can't visually select anything in the window but if you randomly click on something you can get it to open(typically).

So I have a big issue because I have two days left on the biggest project of the year and I'm basically dead in the water because I have to be back and forth with elevations and sections back to layout and it keeps freezing.  The only way to resolve it is to restart Chief.

Anyone ever have problems like this and were able to resolve them?  All video drivers and windows updates are installed.

GeForce GTX 670M is my video card

Now I figured out as long as the elevation window is open I have full control over the layout but as soon as I close the elevation the layout freezes again, still responds as if you're clicking on tool bars, windows, etc but doesn't reflect it visually 

I had this issue many years ago with the program freezing up when closing an elevation. The problem was that I had a couple of things in the plan that had real high face counts. You might check a different plan and see if you still have the problem. If not, the problem might be plan specific.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:04 PM, amddrafting said:

THAT WAS IT!!! Thank you!

Good news , make sure to disable Driver Updates from Windows Update per the 382.05 Thread so you aren't automatically updated to a newer version again.

M.