Seumas

Room Planner Won't Launch

Restored iPad. Now, when launching Room Planner, get message: "Room Planner not able to download all content required for launch. Pls try again." Won't download content, won't launch, "retry" no good. Tried another iPad restore. Same thing.  Help!

IMG_0194.PNG

Did anything change on your iPads prior to getting this message like an iOS update? Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? This will cause you to lose any plans on the device that are not clouded.

On 3/3/2018 at 2:01 PM, Seumas said:

Restored iPad. Now, when launching Room Planner, get message: "Room Planner not able to download all content required for launch. Pls try again." Won't download content, won't launch, "retry" no good. Tried another iPad restore. Same thing.  Help!

IMG_0194.PNG

On 3/6/2018 at 8:28 PM, mhaith said:

I’m having the same issue. Since Sunday.

6AB3C7B5-DC50-44EF-9FB0-6A6875CE0FE0.png

Thank you letting us know about this issue. We have found the cause and we are currently working on a fix. This fix will be in the next update.

I also tried deleting and yes that worked.  But, as you say, I lost all my plans - which I can't afford to do.  When back to another restore and same problem.  It won't launch.  

Do you have some idea of when the next  update will be?  Seumas

On 3/16/2018 at 12:38 PM, Seumas said:

Do you have some idea of when the next  update will be?  Seumas

We just pushed the button to release the update. Please check the iOS app store and you should see the update. It may take a couple hours for it to appear for all users.

Please let us know if you are still running into the issue.

Room planner is not loading on my android device.  Comes up saying checking connection and after a minute it will throw me off.  What is the problem here?

Sorry to hear that.  Mine is OK now. Since the last update, it works fine. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nrafiq
    Newest Member
    nrafiq

• By gobuildone
      Greetings,
      So I have a remodel I am attempting to draw of a old house with a 4 square Gambrel second floor.  No easy task, so the owner wants me to fit 4 bedrooms and 2 baths up there, but I am giving him options for 4 and just 3.  With the upstairs Within the gambrel (not under it)  the 4 corners are useless so space is tight.  I thankfully will not have to ever draw the roof.. I think.   So I drew the 4 bdr version and pushed to Layout page with first floor views etc. All is good.   ... then I Saved As..   three bedroom version plan file, altered the second floor to only be 3 bedrooms, pushed to (same) Layout so both the 3 bdr and 4 bdr floor plans are side by side.  looks great ..got them labeled, print to pdf and...crap  the layout has two 3 bdr floor plans side by side. 

I go look at the Layout and it now shows the same...  I pulled back up my original 4 bedroom plan file and it too was altered to become 3 bedrooms.   what the heck?   

So Idiot me.. I restore a back up of my 4 bedroom file and perfect.. it is now a 4 bedroom file again.     So I go to get my Layout and BOTH of the plan views are 4 bedrooms... and of course both plan files are now 4 bedrooms again.   and There are no .bak backup files with the 3 bedroom layout!!!  &^^%#$!&@%%!!!   and    $%##$*!!

Is there any way to recover from one of the UNDO files Chief writes as it lays down its trail of bread crumbs?   there seem to be many of those.

And I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?  I used to have  similar issues with Microsoft Access doing unwanted (system-wide) blanket changes to multiple databases at once back in Windows XP, and apparently it was a cache problem if you had files which began with the same name like pumpkin1.mdb    pumpkin2.mdb    pumpkinspice.mdb    pumpkinseeds.mdb,   etc...

Thanks for any help,

TP
    • By Chief_Content
      Summer came and went in a flash, it seems!

Here are some of the additions to library catalogs on the 3D Library since our last notification:
      Brand Catalogs
      Diamond Kote Building Products Stanisci Design Dean Column Co. Cactus Stone  
      Bonus Catalogs
      Cabinet Feet, Legs, and Bases Storage No.5 Lockers and Mailboxes Storage No.4 Nightstands, Vanities and Dressers Materials High-Resolution Grass Beds No.5 Backdrops  
      Request that your favorite brands are included as downloadable catalogs by posting on their Facebook Page Wall. Make sure that you tag @ChiefArchitect so that we get the notification!
    • By Chief_Content
      We've recently released and updated a number of new catalogs!

Newly Released:
      Miele Buechel Stone Corp Beds No.2 Bedroom Sets Beds No.3 Bedroom Sets Seating No.2 Lighting No.09 Exterior Lighting No.10 Designer Suites Distressed Materials  
      Newly Updated:
      Cultured Stone Eldorado Stone Silestone Owens Corning
    • By Chief_Content
      You may have noticed that there have been a number of catalog releases since our last announcement in February.

We are pleased to share that you can now enjoy the following catalogs that are either free or included at no extra charge for SSA Users.

Kohler
      Cabico Custom Cabinetry
      Gaggenau
      PentalQuartz

Country Chic No.3
      Antique No.2
      Antique No.3
      Tables No.2 End Tables
      Home Essentials No.2 Cleaning and Air

We have also made quite a few updates and corrections to a variety of catalogs, both branded and bonus. Please take a moment to use the "Update Library Catalogs" feature within Chief Architect to ensure that you get the latest available version of any catalog that you've downloaded, automatically.

We hope that you enjoy and can find a use for all of these new objects and materials!

• By Chief_Content
      We are happy to offer X8 users access to the latest branded catalogs, BMW and James Hardie siding.

Login to the 3D Library and download these catalogs for use in your version of the Public Beta and future versions of X8!