Jaye2010

Running Room Planner on BlueStacks 3

Anyone finding their tablet or smartphone outdated or under-powered for running Room Planner? I discovered an App called BlueStacks 3.0 that will allow me to run Room Planner on my PC laptop with great performance. BlueStacks is an open source Android Emulator that allows you to run Android games and other Android apps on your Windows operating system, and best of all it's totally free. My laptop has a much larger touch screen with more powerful hardware than my tablet, and that makes 3D renderings so much nicer and faster. The only issue I have is that I cannot get Room Planner to recognize my new Bosch GLM 50 C, and I don't know if it's an issue with BlueStacks or because I'm using the LE version of Room Planner 4.3 and Bluetooth is one of those "locked" out features. I can get it to pair directly with my laptop, but not through the software interface which is the correct method.

All in all, using this platform might get you to take the plunge if your tablet or phone doesn't quite cut it and you don't want to buy new hardware.

ANSWER to ABOVE: Not worth installing BlueStacks just to run Room Planner on your PC or Mac since further investigation reveals that BlueStacks does NOT support Bluetooth. It was a nice thought.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    GeraldWalsh
    Newest Member
    GeraldWalsh

• By KitchenBear
      I can't connect my Leica D110 to use room planner app on an IPad Air 2, just purchased. iPad Bluetooth won't recognize it, but it's is recognized by the Disto app, but room planner won't pick it up. I just spent a LOT of money and requirements says this is supported device, what's up?
    • By mikiefer
      Does anyone no how to reliably pair an iPad 3rd generation with a Leica E7100 for use in Room Planner? When I go into Room Planner and select Bluetooth Devbices it does not appear. It also doesn't appear in my Bluetooth settings area as an available device. Thx
    • By Doug-o
      What is the consensus with compatibility between air pad 2, room planner and Leica, and if so which Leica?  thanks 
    • By mrscott
      Assumptions: I have the latest IOS on both iPad 2 and iPhone 6s plus and am NOT attempting to connect with Bluetooth FIRST. I am going straight to the Roomplanner APP.

2) My iPad 2 does not see my E7500i in either Roomplanner or Leica's Sketch app so I am suspect there is an issue with the 7500 or my iPad 2.

Thanks,
    • By Athenian_CAD
      Stumbled across this looking for a different article on the Chief Architect site and thought it could help people here.

KB-02905: Using a Bluetooth Measuring Device with Room Planner
      https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02905/