Sign in to follow this  
Gary-Doski

disto D810 will not stay connected

What are the proper settings so the disto will stay connected? I've tried them all and can't seem to get it to connect for more than a few seconds. I'm having the same problem with my android and my ipad. So I'm guessing it's a disto setting? Can't find any hell articles about the disto settings.

Are you connecting to your iPad via the Settings on the device or just within Room Planner? You should not have to go to the Device Settings to connect. Just turn on the device and go to Room Planner and connect via the Bluetooth Measuring Devices setting in the app.

Also on the Disto make sure you are using the 3rd option (red icon) in the Bluetooth settings on the device. You also may need to set it to be Unencrypted in the Bluetooth settings on the disto.

Steven,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes i am aware of connect within RP not in the device settings. Although the Disto is in the unpaired list of devices? I have the correct Disto settings and it now stays connected on the android, but it will not transfer any data to RP? On the iPhone it won't even stay connected. It switches back and forth connected-not connected? This seams to be hit or miss? I told Scott two years ago that this was the reason i can't use RP because it just was too undependable. I can't show up and say oh it doesn't work?  

where can I get help to solve this issue?

What version of Room Planner are you using? We made major changes to bluetooth connection in 4.3.0.908. What version of iOS and Android are you running?

When you tap on a blue dimension when a wall or object is selected, does the keyboard come up?

RP ver 4.3.0.908

Android ver  6.0

iphone ver  11.2.1

Downloaded the Disto D810 latest firmware

Yes the keyboard comes up.

Is the D810 the only disto device you have? Have you tried using another disto device? When the disto disconnects, do you get a grey text box that says "Disconnected from Disto #####"?

I'm currently using the D810 on a Nexus 9 running Android 7.1.1 and not seeing it disconnect. The bluetooth icon on the Disto is staying blue and it continues to send distances to Room Planner. I also tried it on an iPad Air running iOS 10.3.3 and an iPad Pro running 11.2 and I don't see any issues on those devices.

Yes, it is the only device I have. Yes, the gray box appears for connecting and disconnecting.

With the proper settings it now stays connected, and the Bluetooth icon is staying blue when it is connected, but it still does not send anything to RP?

Any chance we can setup a call?

Are you going to the IBS show in January? The developer that is in charge of the bluetooth connection in Room Planner will be at the show. If not, he said he can try and help you over the phone but in person at the show would be the easiest and preferred method.

Well Scott used to invite me to the IBS to help with the training, but I guess Deedee and others are taking care of that now. Plus I'm really busy and don't have the time to devote. So no I'm not going to the IBS. Can you have the RP developer get in touch with me. gary@doskibuilding.com  or 203-270-0646  We can at least try to get it done on the phone and go from there if we have no luck with it? Thanks!!

Who is the Room Planner tech guy? RP say version 5.0 is available but says My device is not supported?

What device and OS version are you using that is showing this message?