Sign in to follow this  
SusanC

Importing to X8

Hi,

I'm new to Room Planner, but not to Chief.  I would like to use RP in the field and import basic layouts into Chief.  Am I correct in assuming the fixtures I put in when measuring in the field do not show up once they are imported into Chief?  How do I keep track of center lines for toilets, sinks, etc.?

Thanks,

Susan

On 1/31/2017 at 2:01 PM, SusanC said:

Hi,

I'm new to Room Planner, but not to Chief.  I would like to use RP in the field and import basic layouts into Chief.  Am I correct in assuming the fixtures I put in when measuring in the field do not show up once they are imported into Chief?  How do I keep track of center lines for toilets, sinks, etc.?

Thanks,

Susan

You are correct Susan. Walls and openings (Doors and windows) are the only items that are imported into Chief Architect from a Room Planner file. 

The only thing I know is that if you place your kit window correctly, then you will have your cl of the sink. You can also show what you want ,using the manual deminsion tool and add some text saying what you want, not sure if it prints out though

In most cases that would take care of the CL for the sink.  Then how to mark the CL of a range, a toilet, a shower, etc.  Text shows up when sending to X9, but the manual dimension lines I add do not. Room Planner has so much potential to be a great tool to work in tandem with X9, but needs several things added.  

Yes, Susan, Room planner could be a great with a few more tools. I really need the manual dimension tool to transfer for property line setbacks. Room Planner is good for the inside of the building ( need fixtures to also transfer), but nothing for the outside ,or a detached garage, property lines, sidewalks ,curbs, sheds or 2nd floor, basements. All those things are needed, I still need a pen and paper for that.

I'd gladly pay quite a bit for a more sophisticated version of Room Planner as I'm guessing many other Chief users would just to have the capability to use it in the field and then bring it back to the office for import into X9.  Maybe we should get a discussion going on the Chief forum?  

• Like 1

Excellent idea... I also would pay for more a Room Planner software with an enhanced transfer ability into X9.