Sign in to follow this  
BoCRon

Help! What am I doing wrong?

I just got my Leica Disto 7100. I have an iPad air. I got the settings to find the laser measurer, there is a little orange check next to it. The bluetooth icon is showing on the disto display. The DVD that came with the unit is apparently not Mac compatible so I can't watch the manual to see how to use this thing. I put in a new plan in RP, I chose a wall and then pressed the button on the LM and it beeps. I put it against one wall, get the laser light on the opposite wall and then hit the red button again. It shows the length is 168 inches. How do I get this into my plan? I've tried 20 things and it doesn't change anything. The one video I found shows a smiling guy flying through measuring a kitchen but no actual instructions.

Did you tap on the dimension you want to change? The steps are select a wall, tap on the dark blue dimension you want to change, then hit the button on the Disto.  You should then see the wall move to the correct length. Let me know if that works or doesn't work.

Thanks for the reply, I thought this was the way I tried it. 

I ended up having to measure and manually make notes on the entire house as I couldn't get it to work. I will try what you suggested when I get home later. If it doesn't work the Leica can go back as I have now done the bulk of my project and can't imagine I will be doing much more measuring of existing space going forward.

Annette