Athenian_CAD

Using a Bluetooth Measuring Device with Room Planner

Be aware, the Room Planner software WILL NOT work with Android Marshmallow.  If you have updated to Marshmallow, you are out of luck.  Chief Architect claims their developers are working on this, but it has been months.  Hope it will work with the new Nougat operating system.

I did find a tablet with Lollipop on it, but I will have to fight tooth and nail to keep it from updating to Marshmallow.  If it does, according to Chief Architect, it will be an expensive paper weight. 

Maybe Chief Architect would like to include this information on the page they recommend laser measuring devices?

Be aware, the Room Planner software WILL NOT work with Android Marshmallow.  If you have updated to Marshmallow, you are out of luck.  Chief Architect claims their developers are working on this, but it has been months.  Hope it will work with the new Nougat operating system.

I did find a tablet with Lollipop on it, but I will have to fight tooth and nail to keep it from updating to Marshmallow.  If it does, according to Chief Architect, it will be an expensive paper weight. 

Maybe Chief Architect would like to include this information on the page they recommend laser measuring devices?

We have released an update to Room Planner and the bluetooth measuring devices should now work on Android 6.0 and 7.0.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pmevans60
    Newest Member
    pmevans60

• By Dougak
      Has anyone used the bosch laser tape measure with the chief architect? I am curious about which laser tape will integrate smoothest with the chief architect X11 software. Thanks in advance Doug Boitz.
    • By shelby
      Greetings all,

This may seem like a dumb question, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm trying to measure the total height of a structure I designed (from the floor of the first floor to the tip of the roof). The CAD tools are helpful for taking 2D measurements (width and depth), and I can see height information for rooms in the room specification box, but I don't see any tool that tells me the total height of the structure, including the roof. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this one? Driving me crazy, as I am working with some vertical restrictions. 

Many thanks in advance!

Kira
    • By KitchenBear
      I can't connect my Leica D110 to use room planner app on an IPad Air 2, just purchased. iPad Bluetooth won't recognize it, but it's is recognized by the Disto app, but room planner won't pick it up. I just spent a LOT of money and requirements says this is supported device, what's up?
    • By mikiefer
      Does anyone no how to reliably pair an iPad 3rd generation with a Leica E7100 for use in Room Planner? When I go into Room Planner and select Bluetooth Devbices it does not appear. It also doesn't appear in my Bluetooth settings area as an available device. Thx
    • By Doug-o
      What is the consensus with compatibility between air pad 2, room planner and Leica, and if so which Leica?  thanks