Sign in to follow this  
aztecjedi

how do I make a double wall (tenant separation wall?)

Hello, I want to make a tenant separation wall in other words two 2x6 frame walls sandwiched together with gyp board on the outside but no gyp board on the inside. Is it possible to do this? I also want a 2 inch space between the walls ..

also another question..

Will Chief Architect Suite calculate the amount (sf) of drywall used in my project/room?

I have Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 2015.

Thanks.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pmevans60
    Newest Member
    pmevans60

• By Sweeney
      Hi all,

Going for a more modern baseboard and door trim detail. I am wondering how to best accomplish this in Chief (see photo attached). The base board wants to be flush with the drywall plane with a 1/2" reglet reveal above. The door trim will match, and the windows have drywall returns. Has anyone ever made this happen using chief?

Thank you in advance,
      Austin 

• By Slamnation
      Is it possible to change the Wall Board (Drywall) size from the default size of 4x8 to 4x12 when CA calculates the materials list?
    • By B4UBLD
      Surely this has been brought up before, but does anyone have suggestions for creating bullnose/rounded drywall interfaces/corners?  This is in extremely common use here in the Southwest and I need to incorporate this feature throughout a plan.  I know that Chief does not have this capability built in.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    • By B4UBLD
      Surely this has been brought up before, but does anyone have suggestions for creating bullnose/rounded drywall interfaces/corners?  This is in extremely common use here in the Southwest and I need to incorporate this feature throughout a plan.  I know that Chief does not have this capability built in.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    • By CarpenterCurt
      I have actually searched for this topic and do not seem to find anything.  When putting an estimate together with the materials lists how does Chief orient the drywall?(if at all)  In the real world it all depends on the situation and whether it is commercial or residential.  I am trying to get the materials lists as accurate as possible so there is less take off work to do in the end.  If I switch from 8'  to 12' sheets does the program lay them out horizontally and get a sheet count, or does it just take the total square feet and divide it into sheets that way depending on what is on the wall layer materials selection?  My guess is the latter since I have not seen any option or toggle anywhere.  Thanks in advance.