Sign in to follow this  
nospampeople

Tracing images of floor plans?

Is it not possible to import an image of a floor plan into the Room Planner app to trace it when adding rooms and furniture?

I tried the demo version of the app, and couldn't find a way to do that, and then I read the website and thought it said that this was a paid feature.  I went ahead and paid for the app, and then realized I misread the part of the website that actually said "Use for Remodeling & Real Estate to get as-built measurements or floorplans; then, import into Chief Architect software for additional design detail."

I really hope I am just overlooking something, because it seems really inconvenient to create a floorplan without having a reference image to trace...

It seems like this is an option in some of the other software you offer:

Tracing Over an Imported File to Create a 3D Floorplan

Thanks!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Darmic
    Newest Member
    Darmic

• By ilastu
      I successfully imported the floor plan for a house from a dwg file, however I have not found a way to convert the roof drawing into 3D. Is there a way to do that? I am using the X11 version.
    • By JNWArchitect
      I have imported a PDF for use as a background in my drawings. Is appears ok on the screen, but when it prints out the background is very light, almost invisible.
      Is there a way to adjust the lightness/darkness and/or contrast of the PDF?
      Thanks
    • By ericepv
      I'm looking for a high quality image of Zebrawood flooring.
    • By ericepv
      Does anyone have a high quality image of Zebrawood flooring?
    • By TonyMM
      Hey guys, 

Yesterday I uploaded PDFs onto my layout and it worked wonderfully.
      After re-opening the program today the pdf's have resized themselves only showing half of each page. 
      Even if I delete them and re-upload the issue wont go away. 

Any ideas?

Thanks. 

I'm using X10.