Sign in to follow this  
Steve-C

Question about importing to CA

So this afternoon I plan on using this app for the first time measuring an as-built. I've played around with it quite a bit, enough to realize that this is a viable option for me on site (well done Chief Architect). Whenever I site measure I almost exclusively use walls, doors and windows. I'm devising a workaround for the inability to import Room Planner library items to CA. Is there a possibility in the near future that library items can be imported to CA? I would also love to have the ability to hand draw CAD lines (other than the clunky CAD line process in place on the current version) and/or the use of CAD shapes (i.e. squares and circles). The CAD shapes could at least supplement the inability to import cabinets and other fixed items.

All in all though I'm pretty happy that I will be able to site measure with a light weight tablet verses my touch screen laptop. I know now that the gap between the devices is closing rapidly but I'm a big fan of the simplicity of Room Planner verses taking my full version of CA on site.

• Like 1