Sign in to follow this  
Real_Image

Modifying/creating libraries

Would like to know if there is any way to modify existing libraries...Example....instead of have a 3ft interior door (which are very uncommon)  I would like to change the default to 2'6"  and save that for use.

I would also like to know if there is any way to create multiple sizes of the same door/window type and save them for use.  Example--if there were a way to create a library that had 3 sizes of an interior door or window to select from so you do not have to resize it every time you drop it into the drawing--you could just drag the one you want and place it where needed.  Just trying to save time by not having to resize everything.

Would like to know if there is any way to modify existing libraries...Example....instead of have a 3ft interior door (which are very uncommon)  I would like to change the default to 2'6"  and save that for use.

I would also like to know if there is any way to create multiple sizes of the same door/window type and save them for use.  Example--if there were a way to create a library that had 3 sizes of an interior door or window to select from so you do not have to resize it every time you drop it into the drawing--you could just drag the one you want and place it where needed.  Just trying to save time by not having to resize everything.

We do have what's called the Clipboard tool that you could add customized library items to. Once an item is customized to your liking, tap on it to select it, and look towards the bottom right corner. You will notice a small clipboard symbol with a (+) sign. Tap this to add it to your clipboard. When nothing is selected, you will see a standard clipboard symbol, also, in the bottom right, that will bring up what is saved to your clipboard. You can then drag this item out into your plan like you do with default library items.