Sign in to follow this  
Ridge_Runner

Room Planner on new cell phone

I don't want to open a Pandora's Box and the preference war between Apple vs. everyone else. However, my cell phone is in the process of dying and I have to replace it. In trying to think ahead, I am considering both the iPhone 6s Plus (5.5" screen) and the Galaxy S6 (5.7" screen).

My primary concern is the practical use of Room Planner on a cell phone and interfacing with a Bluetooth laser, especially the E7100i that I just recently bought for this purpose. Will they communicate effectively?

Second question is, will Room Planner functionally work on a cell phone for as-builts with its smaller screen? Is it a waste of time and I should go the tablet route (more money of course since I still have to upgrade my cell phone)?

Any input would be appreciated. I will post this on the ChiefTalk forum also.

Thanks, Mike

It comes down to personal preference. So long as the device you purchase meets the minimal system requirements in terms of OS and hardware, there shouldn't be any problems:

https://roomplannersoftware.com/room-planner/#requirements

According to those same requirements, the E7100i is supported on the iOS or Android versions of Room Planner so unless there is an incompatibility between the device of your choice and the Leica laser device then there shouldn't be any problems on that front either. I would recommend checking the Leica website for your device and it's supported uses, which devices do they recommend or don't recommend.

So again, phone vs. tablet is a matter of personal preference. My friend is perfectly comfortable with his tiny iPhone screen for everything he does, while I can't stand it. But the software runs the same either way.

Thanks, Kirk. I tried getting into Tech Support yesterday but they apparently were very busy. I gave up, primarily because I was busy too - which is a good thing.

My main concern also is the smaller screen. I don't know of anyone in my area using the cell phone app or I would check it out myself. Like you, I'm afraid the small screen will drive me crazy and I don't need the larger phone otherwise - I don't use facebook. :)

Mike