Sign in to follow this  
mikiefer

Leica E7100i

Does anyone no how to reliably pair an iPad 3rd generation with a Leica E7100 for use in Room Planner? When I go into Room Planner and select Bluetooth Devbices it does not appear. It also doesn't appear in my Bluetooth settings area as an available device. Thx

Yes, please help. I embarrassed myself trying to get floor plans drawn up today. It seems Apple sucks. My android phone sees the Disto but Iphones and my iPad mini does not.

Seems to work if...1) open the Disto Sketch app and connect, 2) open the iPad settings/bluetooth connection and connect, 3) open room planner/settings/bluetooth and select your device. It only works for me using this pattern. All 3 apps need to be running while you are doing this. Once connected in Room Planner you can exit the other apps. Double press the button to toggle between screens.

The workaround by okuconstruction does not work for me. I can only get the DISTO E7100i to work in the Leica app (Disto Sketch). Room planner doesn't see the DISTO nor does My Apple iPad Air 2 which is one of the newer iPads. Still need a solution.

Same problem here. Does not come up on the bluetooth devices in Room Planner. Have used it many times before with no problem. This is just a recent issue. 

Apple ver 9.2 is out and works for me and sometimes it might not be listed in the Bluetooth section of the iPad ,but still works in the room planner app.

Hi All,

If you seem to be having issues pairing your Leica device with Room Planner, start by restarting the iPad. Once this has been done, do NOT pair the device within the iPads Bluetooth Settings section. Go directly into Room Planner, tap on the Settings (Cog) wheel, and go down to Bluetooth Measuring Devices. Your Leica device should now appear here. Tap on it to pair the two devices. If paired, you will see an orange checkmark appear.

If you continue to have trouble, please give our support team a call. We can be reached at (208) 665-3674 or toll-free at (800) 482-4433.

Thank you.

Had been using the E700i just fine until I updated to the most recent version of Room Planner.  Now, the Leica appears on the device list, but I can't get it to pair.  Called tech support, they couldn't figure it out.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab4.  Made sure it wasn't paired via the Samsung's bluetooth.  But I click on the device in the device list in Room Planner and it won't give me the pairing request it is supposed to.

Anyone else having this issue that I didn't have before the most recent version?

Well, NOW I finally got it to work.  Not even sure what the problem was.  Multiple restarts of the tablet and then it finally connected.

And, I get into the field and it won't connect again.  Argh.  Now I can't get it to link up at all.  WTH?

OMG , same problem here . 

Im using Samsung Galaxy Tab S . Android 5.02 . And Disto D110 . 

Help plz 

Make sure to start new threads or get in touch with the company directly if you're having trouble.  Once the OP of a thread like this has marked it as "Answered" then most of us won't check back again in it for new questions.