Sign in to follow this  
Frontenac

Room labels

Can anyone tell me how to add more labels in the app? I merged a couple of rooms and now seem to have only one label but still need to show the other rooms (and sizes. Sf or dimensions - but this might be asking too much). Thanks

I think the way to do it is you keep the rooms separate but make the dividing walls invisible.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chiefusergus7
    Newest Member
    chiefusergus7

• By kylejmarsh
      Wondering if there's a way to drop the '0' which is generated in front of the schedule numbers. It adds size to my labels and most of the time there are less than 10 items so it wouldn't be confusing - but I haven't been able to find any options where we can omit this automatically generated zero.

Anybody have any tips or insight?

• By raltd9245
      Another Senior moment to start the Year. I wand to change the size and shape of door labels. HELP.
    • By ScottyBAK
      Hi, I'm working on CA x10 Interiors.  I have a kitchen with high ceilings and stacked cabinets, but can't figure out a good way to have all the cabinet nomenclature/labels to show in plan.  If I fudge it in the plan, the elevations expose my work-around.  I'd like to see both layers of labels in plan--any way around this other than manually moving each cabinet layer's label?  I suppose manually moving the non-displaying label elsewhere in the plan may work...Many thanks. Scott
      Chief Architect question 1.pdf
      Chief Architect question 2.pdf
    • By MarkDW
      It seems if the window schedules can calculate the rough openings by adding the 1/2 inch to the unit size... or whatever I set up in the framing option to be...  there's got to be a simple way to display the R.O. at each window... but how?

I know nothing about Ruby stuff nor creating text Macros. Do I need to use one of these? If so, how? I have no idea what to do! And three calls to CA tells me they aren't going to help. I'm rather frustrated!

I've seen a couple posts and even some code on a post and thought I would be able to make changes to it to get the outcome I want - but no luck. I'm doing something wrong, I guess. 

Here's an example of how I'd want the rough opening displayed (under each window)... R.O. 3'2 1/16" x 6'0 7/8"

In addition to the R.O., I'd also want the Andersen window name/code above, or below, the rough opening. Adding their specific window name/number is my next issue. Well... that, and figuring out how to get all their sizes/windows in the system!

Following is the code I found. If this is the code I need to use... can someone tell me how/where to apply it?

number = height + rough_opening_top + rough_opening_bottom
      divisor = 1/16.to_f
      a = ((number/divisor).round*divisor).divmod(12)
      feet = a[0]
      inches = a[1].floor
      if a[1].modulo(1) == 0
      fraction = ""
      else
      fraction = " #{a[1].modulo(1).rationalize}"
      end
      "#{feet}'-#{inches}#{fraction}\"".reverse.chomp("-'0").chomp(" 0").reverse.chomp("-0\"")
    • By fwallenberg
      The size of the labels does not scale with the size of the drawing. I have a floor plan that is about 60' by 40' and the labels are unreadable (unless you zoom in the app itself but that doesn't help sharing). Please fix this!!!!