Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_Wilkinson

Cannot build roof

Hello, new to this software but I have used CAD in the past. I am trying to "build" my own house in HD Suite 2016 and I cannot figure out why the roof will not build. I have the chekbox checked for auto-build roof, on my 1st floor I have an extension that does not extend to the 2nd floor and I was able to build the roof over that just fine. But as far as the rest of the house, the roof will not build over the FROG or 3rd story attic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I did try to delete the whole 3rd floor and still no luck. Attached is my plan I'm working on for anyone that wouldn't mind opening it and seeing what I'm doing wrong.

Hello, new to this software but I have used CAD in the past. I am trying to "build" my own house in HD Suite 2016 and I cannot figure out why the roof will not build. I have the chekbox checked for auto-build roof, on my 1st floor I have an extension that does not extend to the 2nd floor and I was able to build the roof over that just fine. But as far as the rest of the house, the roof will not build over the FROG or 3rd story attic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I did try to delete the whole 3rd floor and still no luck. Attached is my plan I'm working on for anyone that wouldn't mind opening it and seeing what I'm doing wrong.

Well, it says I'm not permitted to post a .plan type of file

Hi Jeff, 

It looks like you created this thread in the wrong user forum. Feel free to make your way over to the HomeTalk user forum to discuss any issues you are experiencing concerning the Home Designer Suite 2016 PC/Mac product:  https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/