Sign in to follow this  
moomoo99

Is it possible to delete a wall added in error?

It seems impossible to delete a wall which has been added in error. You can click the eye to make visible/invisible but there appears to be no way to remove a wall entirely.

We have tried shrinking it small. But there seems no way (like with library objects) to  delete it.

Please help, many thanks in advance

Daniel

I have not seen a way to delete a wall that was added. However, you can delete a room, which will take out the wall.

No one from the home office to chime in?  I cannot find a delete wall either how about different shapes for rooms? or do you have to add two rooms together?

No one from the home office to chime in? I cannot find a delete wall either how about different shapes for rooms? or do you have to add two rooms together?

Once a wall has been placed, it cannot be deleted. You can, however, make it invisible so you no longer see it in a 2D or 3D view. This is done by tapping the wall in question and then tapping the EYE icon that displays next to it.

post-9-0-72098400-1427828112_thumb.png

• Like 1

Wow! No way to delete a wall?!?!?!?! This is nothing less than stupid. Can anyone out there create a drawing app that doesn't suck?..

Wow! No way to delete a wall?!?!?!?! This is nothing less than stupid. Can anyone out there create a drawing app that doesn't suck?..

• Like 1

The reason that making a wall invisible is problematic is that if an object needs to be place on or near a wall that has been rendered invisible, then the object eith won't place or its appearance is obscured in 3D because the app still recognizes the hidden wall object.

Come on developers!!! Is there really no way to add the ability to delete a wall???

This is a major flaw in this app. I like t add a wall, look at it in 3D to see how it works, etc. Deleting it should be a no brianer!

I make some goof ups, and not using Room planner at this time just because of that. Please fix this Chief.

This is really frustrating. I've spent hours creating a plan but it will never be accurate because it is impossible to delete a wall!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ShanePDX
    Newest Member
    ShanePDX

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Is it possible to create a wall type as attached in the image?. This is for a roof top patio partition wall. Could some one guide me please.

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I am wondering why is the garage foundation wall does not show/appear in the basement (level 0) floor where there is a door above on the first floor? (Plan attached). More over the location I have clouded shows the wall clearly, why it is not displaying at the other locations?
      delete-garage wall.plan
    • By SpeleoWorm
      I have created a number of different wall types to show proper dimensions (i.e. when one side of the wall is 5/8" Type X and the other side is 1/2" drywall) as well as to calculate the correct material counts and to show the proper information in the schedules.  Unfortunately doing that seems to have a down side...it changes the framing as if they were separate walls instead of the same wall with different materials on them.  I have seen the following side effects (colors refer to screenshots below):

(Green Arrow) In unfinished rooms such as an attic storage space which only has a subfloor but no drywall, the walls get pushed up into the rafters by what appears to be 3". (Red Arrows) The floor joists and top/bottom plates are cut in the middle when they should be continuous pieces of wood.  In addition, you can see that the walls which are produced are not boxed at the end...the top & bottom plates stick out at the end. (Purple Arrow) Parts of the gable wall are not created.  In this case you could argue that it is not needed, but if a builder makes a wall he is not going to leave a hole in it. (Blue Arrows) An extra stud is added to a room that has no drywall, and therefore doesn't need nailer studs.  In addition, it looks like the other stud needed as a nailer for the finished room in the middle is missing from the plan view of the framing (see 2nd screenshot).  
      Am I doing this all wrong (creating separate wall types), or is there a way to use them and fix (any of) the issues I mentioned?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - I am a little surprised that the wall finish is not part of the room settings (like the floor & ceiling already are)...that would allow you to have continuous walls and still have different materials in each room (i.e. greenboard in the bath, 5/8" type X in a garage, unfinished in an attic, etc.

Example of Wall Issue.plan