Sign in to follow this  
andyboy24

Bosch GLM100C

Andy, you can look for support on the Bosch GLM100C in the next release

Is the Bosch GLM 50 C compatable as yet?

This device should work with Room Planner on iOS.  It will not work on Android.

Update 1-25-16:  We now have a GLM 50 C in our office and it does not work with Room Planner.

I recently selected a Bosch GLM 50CX laser measuring device over the GLM 100C due to its superior display features. However, I haven't yet been able to connect it to my iPad3 or iPad mini3, (IOS 9.2), or pair it with Room Planner. It does connect to the Bosch apps, so might I be missing something? Does Room Planner 4.1 currently support the GLM 50CX, and if not, is that coming soon in a subsequent version? If I do have to use the Bosch Floor Plan app for a while, can files be transferred to Chief?

Thanks.

I recently selected a Bosch GLM 50CX laser measuring device over the GLM 100C due to its superior display features. However, I haven't yet been able to connect it to my iPad3 or iPad mini3, (IOS 9.2), or pair it with Room Planner. It does connect to the Bosch apps, so might I be missing something? Does Room Planner 4.1 currently support the GLM 50CX, and if not, is that coming soon in a subsequent version? If I do have to use the Bosch Floor Plan app for a while, can files be transferred to Chief?

Thanks.

How are you trying to connect your device to Room Planner?  With the GLM 100 C, you go into Room Planner->Settings->Bluetooth Measuring Devices.  From there you should see the Bosch device if bluetooth is turned on for both devices.  If this does not work, you can try turning off both the iPad and the Bosch and trying again.  I did notice that trying to connect the Bosch to my iPad via the iPad settings does not work.

We do not have a GLM 50CX in our office so I cannot say with certainty if it will work with Room Planner, my earlier post may have been inaccurate.

We just received an Bosch 50 GLM 50C in our office and it does not work with Room Planner.  I got it to connect to the app, but Room Planner would not accept it's input.  We will be looking into this issue.  As of right now the GLM 100C is the only bosch device we support.  We still support the Leica devices.

We just received an Bosch 50 GLM 50C in our office and it does not work with Room Planner. I got it to connect to the app, but Room Planner would not accept it's input. We will be looking into this issue. As of right now the GLM 100C is the only bosch device we support. We still support the Leica devices.

Really would like to use this feature with my Bosch glm 50 any update info?
  • Like 1

We are still working with Bosch to get the GLM 50 to work with Android.

• Like 1

This device should work with Room Planner on iOS.  It will not work on Android.

Update 1-25-16:  We now have a GLM 50 C in our office and it does not work with Room Planner.

I am little confused with this post. Are you stating that the GLM 50 C doesn't work at all with Room Planner or just on that it only works for a mac iOS device? I'm looking to purchase a measuring device and I wanted to make sure before I purchased the GLM 50 C for my iPhone 6s.

GLM 50C does not work for Room Planner at all.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2

Hi,

Can this issue be possibly resolved?  I just purchased the Bosch GLM 50C.  I understand and know it is not on your compatibility list, but since GLM100C is compatible, I thought GLM50C should work the same way since the major difference between the two devices are distance capability and backlit display.  Everything works fine (got it paired with my ipad3, room planner able to detect it) until the most important moment - taking the measurements.  It won't update and override the default measurements in the plan.  This is such as huge disappointment. 

I have been using Home designer software and consider upgrade to Chief.  My next step was to try out using room planner on the go with a Bluetooth measurer and if everything works out them it may be worth for the upgrade.

Bosch does have a free software to draw the floor plan (which I haven't tried).  Is there anyway we can import that bosch floor plan to home designer or chief architect? 

Thanks 

Yes please, overtime needed for the Bosch GLM50c compatibility for android... I agree with everyone here love this device .. damn shame it wont work with Room planner.. update?

Just to let everyone know also it does show up on connective devices in room planner but as someone said earlier, it wont connect at all just for clarification, its not you... hah

Aaron R

Edited by aroe69
  • Like 1

We have released an update for Room Planner today, version 4.3. You should find the update in the Google Play and iOS App Store. The GLM 50C is now supported. If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

I can't seem to get the GLM 50 C to work with Room Planner (latest versions of everything on an iPad Pro 9.7"). Are there any steps or anything I can take to troubleshoot? I am able to get it to connect to the Bosch app.

I can't seem to get the GLM 50 C to work with Room Planner (latest versions of everything on an iPad Pro 9.7"). Are there any steps or anything I can take to troubleshoot? I am able to get it to connect to the Bosch app.

I'm assuming you are running Room Planner 4.3. Are you able to get the device to connect to the app via the Bluetooth Devices dialog in the app itself? You will know it is connected when it has a checkmark next to it. I don't have the device in our office at the moment, I believe with the 50 C, you have to change a setting on the device to be in Length mode. To do this, tap the Func button and then it should be the setting just to the left, so tap the - button once. Let me know if that helps or if you are having other issues trying to connect the device.