cinderjack

Crash when I try to view 3-d!

I spent several hours creating 2 floors of an entire house today - viewing 3-d along the way.  I left the app for a while and when I went to look at it again it crashes whenever I try to view 3-d!  

Does anyone have any suggestions - this was a lot of time to create these 2 plans!!!

• Like 1

Cinderjack,

At what point does it crash? have you exited the app or just minimized? did you save your work?

-Stepheng

It happens as soon as I try to view 3-d.  I have tried exiting the app.  I haven't tried restarting this iPad altogether.  I'll close all apps, shut down completely and try again.  Yes, luckily I did save my work!  I'll reply either way with the results.

I closed all apps, and shut down the iPad and tried again - it still crashes when I try to look at 3d.  I forgot to mention that I do get a message which says "Room Planner Did Not Exit Properly" when I start back up.  I don't know of a way to 'exit' on the iPad other than to hit the home button to minimize the app and then swipe up on the app to actually close it.  

Hi cinderjack

Restarting an iPad nor tapping the Home button will close out of an application completely. Try the following steps:

- Click on the 'Home' button on your iPad.

- This should return you to the iPad Home Screen.

- Once you are at the Home Screen, double-tap on the Home Button.

- The icons for all open background apps will appear at the bottom of the screen.

- Place your finger over each image being displayed above the application icon, one by one, and and swipe up to close the app.

- Once all apps are closed, 100% of the iPad resources can be dedicated to Room Planner.

- Finally, press the Room Planner icon on the Home Screen again to launch it.

Does the crashing still occur when attempting to take a 3D view?

The same thing is happening to me and my iPad is brand new. What's rhe deal?!!

I closed everything else out like suggested but still happens

FYI. I deleted app. And signed back in. 3d works now but how do I restore my purchased add ons? And do you unlink it was one of the add ons that caused the crashing? I know the dimension bundle was not functioning properly before

• Like 1

I am also having this problem. The 3D view worked once or twice and now just closes the app.

I have no add-ons, just the basic package. I can't see me using this much if this isn't fixed.

I really don't want to reinstall the app after adding all my rooms in already.

I have a new iPad air by the way.

Would love to see this fixed.

Thanks, Andy

Hi. Following on from my last post I have reinstalled the app and it is working fine.

I discovered the cloud options.

Regards

I have also been having this problem. I don't mind deleting and reinstalling the app, however I have spent an extensive amount of time planning the remodel of a home. How can I save my work in order to access it when I reinstall the app?

I have also been having this problem. I don't mind deleting and reinstalling the app, however I have spent an extensive amount of time planning the remodel of a home. How can I save my work in order to access it when I reinstall the app?

You can create a Chief Architect Account and upload your plans to the Cloud if you wish. More information on how to do this can be found within the link below: 

https://roomtalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/14-using-the-room-plannerchief-architect-cloud/

For those of you that are crashing when you take a 3D view, go to the iPad settings on your device.  Once you are in Settings, on the left hand side select Privacy and then select Camera.  You should find RoomPlanner, make sure you RoomPlanner has access to your camera.

See if that fixes the crashing, if not please let me know.

• Like 1

For those of you that are crashing when you take a 3D view, go to the iPad settings on your device.  Once you are in Settings, on the left hand side select Privacy and then select Camera.  You should find RoomPlanner, make sure you RoomPlanner has access to your camera.

Brilliant! Worked straightaway. I like the app but can't download a manual which requires multiple screen changes to find an answer. Many thanks, saved me hours.

• Like 1

I have an iPad air 2 128 gig a8 chip and mine crashes every time too when trying to use 3D view. No update showing they need to fix the software??

I have an iPad air 2 128 gig a8 chip and mine crashes every time too when trying to use 3D view. No update showing they need to fix the software??

I have same problem for a week

Have you both tried this:

I'm running into an issue where the 3D doesn't crash, it just wont load. It's just a gray screen. I tried uploading to the cloud and open from another device, and when I open again into 3D it is still gray. 2D works fine though. 

I tried finding the camera settings but that didn't work. 

I'm running into an issue where the 3D doesn't crash, it just wont load. It's just a gray screen. I tried uploading to the cloud and open from another device, and when I open again into 3D it is still gray. 2D works fine though. 

I tried finding the camera settings but that didn't work. 

Hi Vicky, 

It sounds like the camera in that particular plan is zoomed into a particular wall or library item that has the gray color applied. To fix this, take a 3D view and once it has generated (Gray screen), tap the 3D button in the bottom left corner 3-4 times. The camera should re-locate to its default location. Please let us know if this works for you. 

Thanks Josh! That did the trick. I really appreciate the response!

I'm glad that fixed your issue Vicky. Please let us know if you run into any further problems.