Pony wall with bay window issue

Gawdzira

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I have a bay window on a wall that is a pony wall setup with a stone skirt at the lower section. The bay window is taking on the stone skirt even though I would like the siding to be on the entire bay window. I was hoping that by changing the wall type (as shown in the dbx) the stone would go away but no luck so far. Possibly a bug?

post-170-0-14895600-1393708979_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-57774900-1393708989_thumb.jpg

I was actually able to recreate the same thing before you attached the plan.  The only way I seemed to be able to get it to work right was to break the exterior wall on either side of the bay window and then change the wall type for the section the bay window was in.  Otherwise, it doesn't seem to matter what wall type you use, the brick will automatically continue.

Hmmm...I guess that still leaves you with a patch required underneath the bay window. 

It definitely seems buggy because if you change that main wall type to delete the pony wall, open the bay window dbx and change it to something other than "use main wall type",  open the main wall again and add the pony wall, it will draw correctly in the preview pane, but as soon as you close the dbx the brick (or whatever you use for the pony wall) builds all the way around the bay window again.

post-46-0-66740500-1393711167_thumb.png

• Solution

Alan,

Is this what you are after?

I was able to achieve this by manipulating the join between the pony walls.

In a 3D view, select the lower foundation wall. 

Place break points at the top of the wall at either side of the bay.

Pull that section of wall down to the bottom of the bay.

The bay walls fix themselves.

• Upvote 1