PLANSAHEAD

Having difficulty deleting walls and more

Tony here,long time user of Chief Architect, greatest designer software available imho. I have been searching just about every app for quick field sketching and had high hopes for the IPad app Roomplanner from the same developers. I purchased the dimension bundle and wall add on, but I am disappointed in how clumsy and un-intuitive this app is relative to the parent software CA. Plans are started as 'boxes' ,not by drawing walls as in CA, and as a consequence smaller rooms like closets and other 'boxes' do not fit into another small room without much effort,and shorter walls do not accept doors easily. The angled wall tool is very difficult to use in my opinion. The app is certainly too fussy to be walking around an active job site while attempting to squeeze big boxes into smaller boxes.

Dimensions do not stay on screen as they should; if you alter one room it's unclear if an already dimensioned room shifted. Part of the issue could be resolved if one could delete a wall or segment of a wall. I have on occasion been able to stack or merge parrallel walls, but in most cases I cannot. Is it possible to delete a wall only? Is there a way to keep the dimensions on screen?post-203-0-35882700-1412249658_thumb.jpg

Any wall can be toggled invisible / visible by tapping on the "eye" icon which appears above the selected wall...hope that helps. I think if you give it some more time you'll find the construction process speeds up.

Really.... Meaning if you have made a small error in drawing, you have to delete the entire room and start again !!

There should be a way to remove walls or corners.
I agree 100% with Tony(plansahead), for this and other reasons, Room Planner is not ready for actual on site work.

I came here looking for an answer to this question. It's absolutely ridiculous that I can't delete a wall. Perhaps it's difficult to delete an exterior wall due to model rules, but an interior wall should be a no brainer.

Tony here,long time user of Chief Architect, greatest designer software available imho. I have been searching just about every app for quick field sketching and had high hopes for the IPad app Roomplanner from the same developers. I purchased the dimension bundle and wall add on, but I am disappointed in how clumsy and un-intuitive this app is relative to the parent software CA. Plans are started as 'boxes' ,not by drawing walls as in CA, and as a consequence smaller rooms like closets and other 'boxes' do not fit into another small room without much effort,and shorter walls do not accept doors easily. The angled wall tool is very difficult to use in my opinion. The app is certainly too fussy to be walking around an active job site while attempting to squeeze big boxes into smaller boxes.

Dimensions do not stay on screen as they should; if you alter one room it's unclear if an already dimensioned room shifted. Part of the issue could be resolved if one could delete a wall or segment of a wall. I have on occasion been able to stack or merge parrallel walls, but in most cases I cannot. Is it possible to delete a wall only? Is there a way to keep the dimensions on screen?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Agreed.

i wish this app was more relative in correlation with their parent software.

I havent been able to delete a wall only. Only to make them invisible :/

Also there is no ability to draw single walls, and to delete interior walls (i think someone mentioned that above as well)

wish i could help. But the program doesnt help with that.

Hopefully the admin guy can provide some insight as well?

You can actually remove walls.  It can be done through the merger function.  You select one room and click MERGE ROOMS button.  Then select a second, adjacent room (the wall you want to delete) and tap Apply button to completely remove the walls and combine room separated by unwanted wall.  I am attaching some screenshots for quick references.  So far, going through this option works for me

Wall 1.jpg

Wall 2.jpg

Wall 3.jpg

Wall 4.jpg

• Upvote 1