MelanieRae17

More Than One Floor?

Is it possible to have more than one floor for a house? Cause if you can't it doesn't make much sense to have staircases since they can't go anywhere...any help on this would be awesome.

• Like 1

Hello MelanieRae,

At this time, there is no way in room planner to separate floor levels. If you are using the import function with any of the compatible cheif pc/mac software, I have found that making a copy in the "plans" menu works well.  This allows you copy an existing file, then clear the interior walls, leaving you shell of the upstairs. Then fill in new rooms if needed.

Next, just import each plan, to the desired floor in the PC/Mac version of chief.

I know that multiple floors has been sent to the list of add-ons for future releases of the room planner app.  

Hope this helps,

Stephen

• Like 1

Please add the ability to do more than one floor! That's all that separates this from first class!

• Like 1

I was very disappointed to learn that you couldn't do more than one floor.  If you can stack furniture/other items - and have stairs as a component you can add - it only makes sense that you should be able to have multiple floors.