suzannmadeley13

Dimensional Bundle Not Working

It worked once; but now, when I select a wall and then select the dimension I'd like to revise, the whole room becomes blue and I don't get the keyboard to make the change.  If I tap the dimension again, all dimensions go away and the room is white again.

The only dimensions that can be edited are ones that are blue when a wall is selected.  The blue dimension should be perpendicular to the wall that is currently selected.  In the attached image, when you tap on the blue dimensions, you can resize the room.  If you want to change the length of the wall that is selected in the attached image, you must select the wall that is perpendicular to it and then tap on the blue dimension that appears.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.

I just downloaded the dimensions bundle and it won't let me type in any measurements. I've restarted my iPad and still nothing. Even tried to modify some sample plans but wouldn't let in there either. Does this app work with IOS 8?

Hi hionmtns, 

If you click on the Settings cog wheel and tap the Purchases option, do you see a orange checkmark on the right hand side next to Dimension Bundle? Room Planner does work with iOS8.

Hello, I'm also having the same problem, isn't the dimensions bundle supposed to allow you to change the heights of walls? Or am I mistaken?

I too BOUGHT the dimension bundle to adjust wall dimensions specifically and though there is a chk mark by purchases for it, it is not doing what was advertised. Same issues as those above on a brand new iPad with plenty of storage. Besides it crashing every time I go to 3D I am extremely disappointed. There needs to be an update soon or my app review will also be less than favorable. Admin feel free to PM me

Same issue here. It shows a orange tick next to the in-app purchased, but I can't change any dimensions for the life of me... Help would be appreciated considering I've paid for this...

Me too dimension tool checked in purchases but nothing available,i also do not have "i" button available only the eye icon,v frustrating!!!

• Like 1

Turned on default keyboard, I had swipe enabled and now get optio to change dimensions using keyboard, still no "I" option though

Turned on default keyboard, I had swipe enabled and now get optio to change dimensions using keyboard, still no "I" option though

The (I) icon will only show up if an object from the Core Catalog is selected such as a dresser or couch. This doesn't appear for walls as these are adjusted by tapping the blue dimension boxes. See the attached image in which a piano is currently selected.

post-9-0-46747200-1421797773_thumb.png

When I read the below information on the "room planner bundle" and saw a picture of a room by the description

I thought the bundle would resize walls and objects.

"Tap on a wall and enter a specific dimension using your keyboard or a Bluetooth Disto Laser Meter. Dimensions can be entered with up to three decimals - imperial or metric."

"Define dimensions for architectural objects - sofas, televisions, windows, etc. Type in specific dimensions for width, depth & height, distance from floor. Flip an object and reset the size of an object."

When I read the below information on the "room planner bundle" and saw a picture of a room by the description

I thought the bundle would resize walls and objects.

"Tap on a wall and enter a specific dimension using your keyboard or a Bluetooth Disto Laser Meter. Dimensions can be entered with up to three decimals - imperial or metric."

"Define dimensions for architectural objects - sofas, televisions, windows, etc. Type in specific dimensions for width, depth & height, distance from floor. Flip an object and reset the size of an object."

You are correct. The dimension bundle allows you to adjust the distance between walls along with the overall length, width, height, and floor to bottom values of library objects. In references to my last post above, library objects will show an (I) symbol that you can press to open a dialog allowing you to adjust these properties where with walls, you just tap the blue dimension box that populates. A walls width, however, cannot be adjusted at this time.

You are correct. The dimension bundle allows you to adjust the distance between walls along with the overall length, width, height, and floor to bottom values of library objects. In references to my last post above, library objects will show an (I) symbol that you can press to open a dialog allowing you to adjust these properties where with walls, you just tap the blue dimension box that populates. A walls width, however, cannot be adjusted at this time.

When using a disto with room planner, i find it useful to think in my head: I want to move THIS wall (click on the wall to move which puts in the dimensions of the other walls and puts the little move circle on the wall you tap) by changing THIS dimension (click on the dimension). Otherwise it seems logical to click the wall you want to resize... and that's not how it works.... so click the wall to move first, then the wall to change the length of, then click the disto and you're set.

Paid for this dimension bundle and it's crap. It's not working on ios 8 and yes I do tap the blue box but nothing happens.

Paid for this dimension bundle and it's crap. It's not working on ios 8 and yes I do tap the blue box but nothing happens.

Joe,

Are you using a third-party keyboard?  Room Planner currently does not support third-party keyboards.  To find out if you are using a third-party keyboard go to your iPads Settings->General->Keyboard->Keyboards.  You should see a list of keyboards your device is currently using.  I would suggest turning off all keyboards except for the default English keyboard.  See if that allows you to get into the dimension dialog.