Sign in to follow this  
wojdarm

Round Tripping from Home Designer Suite

All,

I started my project using Room Planner and brought it into Home Designer Suite to better visualize it.  Now I would love to bring back the plans into Room Designer to work on site with the new dimensions.  It would be even better if I could have some of the files with me to rotate around the 3D view for the client on my iPad.  Just wanting to use it as a viewing tool.  Are the ways to do that? If not this would be an excellent feature request. 

Bob

BTW: Excellent software!

• Like 2

All,

I started my project using Room Planner and brought it into Home Designer Suite to better visualize it.  Now I would love to bring back the plans into Room Designer to work on site with the new dimensions.  It would be even better if I could have some of the files with me to rotate around the 3D view for the client on my iPad.  Just wanting to use it as a viewing tool.  Are the ways to do that? If not this would be an excellent feature request. 

Bob

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately at this time, there is no way to take a plan that has been edited in a Home Designer or Chief Architect product and import it into Room Planner, although it’s on our To-do list.  

• Like 2

All,

Bob

I would like to do this as well - thanks for asking

Why would you even consider creating a product that doesn't integrate with your existing products? If the price of your android app was more than $10 I would demand a refund (but you probably count on that). I ran into a similar problem with your PC software. I had an expensive version of Chief Architect running on my XP PC and was told by your representative that it would not run on Windows 10. I purchased Home Designer 2015 and found my hundreds of previous files could not be opened. I also found that, since the updates that come as email links only seem to apply to the newest version, I couldn't use them either.

I used Chief Architect a lot. I use Home Designer less. Since it doesn't integrate with my PC software, I probably won't use the android app much if at all, and will delete it. This sucks.