Sign in to follow this  
greich7

Cannot modify wall or object surfaces

Hello - I am using the Room Planner app on an Iphone 5.   After the most recent update, (3.0.1.31) I have been having issues where it will not let me apply a color or material to any wall, floor or object surface.   I can select the material, but then when I double-tap the surface, nothing happens.   If I change the color, still nothing.  I have tried shutting my phone down and restarting and nothing.   Does anyone know what the problem could be and if there is a fix?   I would hate to delete the app and reinstall and lose all of my work.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg,

Does this happen with all plans or just one specific plan?  Can you start a new square room plan and paint the walls/floor?  What view are you in?  Are you in the overview or room view?  From the sounds of it, this was working for you before the update, is that correct?

Hi Steven - well, I think I may have figured it out.   I did not have my 3D editing option turned on.   In the previous versions, this was strictly to manipulate 3d objects, not to modify the color or texture.  So I had this off so that I didn't accidentally move something.   Looks like in the new version that it must be turned on in order to change the wall or object color/texture.   Would you say this is correct?

To answer your questions, It was in both perspective and room views, as well as all plans, even if I created a new one I was not able to modify anything.

Greg

Greg,

You are correct, we did make it so painting in 3D was disabled when 3D editing is turned off.