Sign in to follow this  
architect

Disto d810 connection

I have a D810 and an IPad Air. The disto is connected on the ipad Bluetooth settings but it does not show as connected in the app. How do I utilize the disto in room planner.

Did you purchase the Dimension Bundle?  My disto gets here today, so I have not used one yet.  But from what I read, you need the Dimension Bundle in-app purchase.

I have a D810 and an IPad Air. The disto is connected on the ipad Bluetooth settings but it does not show as connected in the app. How do I utilize the disto in room planner.

First you need to make sure your D810 is set to use the correct bluetooth setting. To do this, on the device hit the FUNC button, then on the screen tab the two gears in the lower left corner. On the second row you should see the bluetooth symbol, tap that twice. You should have 3 bluetooth options, select the second one, has a blue text icon and hit the Back arrow. Now on your iPad, turn on Bluetooth, and connect to your device. Then run Room Planner. You will know that you are connected correctly because when you try to type something in a dimension or in a text box, the keyboard doesn't appear instead you will see a text edit field at the bottom of the screen. From what I am seeing, the app won't show that the device is connected, we hope to have that fixed in our next update

To send your dimension, you will tap on a dimension in the app. On the bottom of your iPad you will see the text edit field. Take your measurement with the Disto and then tap on the bluetooth icon in the lower right of the Disto screen to send your dimension.

Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

I have it working know thank you....

It seems I need to tweak a units setting on the disto as fractions are input differently . The 0.00 ft. type input was not recognized as an alternative.

The Disto has moved the wall/dim magically a few times without me in the dimension edit window but I cant recreate that move.