Sign in to follow this  
poppyr

Altering wall lengths

I'm using version 3 on a 4th gen ipad with iOS 7.1.1 and since purchasing the dimensions bundle I am no longer able to make fine adjustments to the wall length. When I try to drag the walls the lengths are jumping in several cm increments so I cannot get my exact measurements.

The instructions for using the dimensions bundle advise to click on the 'i' button to input exact sizes but I can't see an 'i' button on mine.

Please help,

Thank you

I'm using version 3 on a 4th gen ipad with iOS 7.1.1 and since purchasing the dimensions bundle I am no longer able to make fine adjustments to the wall length. When I try to drag the walls the lengths are jumping in several cm increments so I cannot get my exact measurements.

The instructions for using the dimensions bundle advise to click on the 'i' button to input exact sizes but I can't see an 'i' button on mine.

Please help,

Thank you

Hi Poppyr,

The [ i ] icon only appears for library items such as doors, windows, appliances, furniture, etc. To move walls using precise measurements, tap the wall that you'd like to move, and select one of the adjacent dimension values that is highlighted blue. This will prompt you with a keyboard and will allow you to input your own value.

That's brilliant, thank you. All sorted now.

Is it also possible to alter the thickness of parts of walls?

That's brilliant, thank you. All sorted now.

Is it also possible to alter the thickness of parts of walls?

The thickness of walls cannot be adjusted at this time. You may however, achieve your desired effect by using the 'Box - 96in High' object (Library> Architectural> Shapes). Once you place this object in your plan, the thickness, length, height, and floor to bottom values can all be adjusted to your liking as you have the Dimension Bundle.