Sign in to follow this  
scottharris

Plans for an Android version?

Yes, we have an Android version under development.  It is targeted for release fall 2014.

• Like 1

For which month exactly the android version would be released?

Im a android tablet user and i am a home designer user.

Regards,

Michael

For which month exactly the android version would be released?

Im a android tablet user and i am a home designer user.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael, 

A set date has not been set as the Android version of Room Planner is still in development. The only time-frame we can give at this time is Fall of 2014. 

Thanks for the reply i'm eager to see the android version because this app is very helpfull and i like it.

Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

Sorry for the delays with the Android version.  The schedule has shifted to the first half of 2015.  If you are an Android user, and would like to get an early look, we will be seeking beta testers. You can send an email to beta <at> ChiefArchitect.com if you are interested.

Any new news on this product? I use Chief Architect X7. Does this product offer free hand drawling or is it just boxes? I'd like to use this app at night to drawl the basic floor plan,then import it into Chief. Hopefully this app would be capable of that. Any info would be wonderful. Thank you.

I"m x6 and x7 user and I use Android Tablet. I do a lot of field measurements and need to use alternative aps to complete the task.

Requested to be a beta user but no respond from chief, and no set date for release ether.

Any Info?

Hi,

I am also patiently awating the release of the android version of Room Designer. I use a Samsung Galaxy 2 and an Apple iPad 3.

You can include me on your beta testing list for the android release if there are any spots open.

Thank you,

noober

Thank you all for your continued patience. We are still working on the next release to Room Planner and are hoping to have it available to the public very very soon. In the meantime, If you'd like to join our beta list, please send an email to beta@chiefarchitect.com and we will notify you when the beta testing period begins. 

Sounds like the Android version is out. So this old dog wants to learn a new trick and the first trick is to find the right android tablet device which is Bluetooth LE (want laser) 2GB of ram and version 4.4 Android.  Anybody care to make a recommendation??  I do want a tablet, not a phone. I'm just using this for "as-built" measuring.

Decided against using an "APP" and went for a Windows based tablet that could run full blow C.A. X7.  We will see how that works instead.