Display problems with cabinet schedule

BrettL

When I create a cabinet schedule, the text label is replaced with a number within a circle.  Even if I uncheck "display labels"  in the schedule Dialog Box or turn off the schedule layer, the text labels do not reappear. Is there anyway I can display both text labels and numbers? Or perhaps toggle between the two using layers visiblity?

Thanks

You can toggle between them in the DBX but you need to toggle both controls.

You can show the label and manually add a callout.

Or you can put the Number value into your label if you don't need it to look like a callout, using the %schedule_number% macro.

Schedule DBX.JPGDoor Label w,number.jpg

30 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Whew.....  Thanks Mark, so glad it works the same for cabinets.

Because of what you said I just check -inserted a callout with %schedule_number% in it, then added an arrow. I did not know that would work- bit of a PIA to do but will see...

Callout.png

Mark, the callout label/ cabinet labels you have in the picture is almost exactly what I would like to do.  How do you get the label to reference the individual cabinet?

15 minutes ago, BrettL said:

Mark, the callout label/ cabinet labels you have in the picture is almost exactly what I would like to do.  How do you get the label to reference the individual cabinet?

Place a callout on cabinet, place %schedule_number% in text field of callout. Draw a "line with arrow" from the edge of the callout to the cabinet. If it doesn't immediately snap and change the size of the callout that means one end or the other is not connected, usually the end at the callout. In which case grab the end of the line and snap it to the callout.

Now move the callout over the line-LEAVE a tiny bit of the line showing. You may need to adjust the line since it will be snapped to a different part of the callout.

I set the arrow for the text line to 1/4" using the circle with white fill.  You have to play around a little to get what you want. Chop's idea of layers will be very useful and you may want to play with that and also with defaults for the callout and lines by layer.

Once you have one that you like-lock the cabinet layer; marquee select the callout and line, copy, and paste away. IF pasting shows the text instead of the schedule number, adjust the callout over the line-that seams to happen if it covers the line completely.

Here's a plan that I played with a little, layers not finalized, just was fiddling.

Callouts.plan

I got that to work. Thanks

Is there a way to convert the callout symbol and leader into a block so that it could be inserted into the next drawings? I'm coming from Autocad and I don't exactly understand CA blocks or symbols yet.

19 minutes ago, BrettL said:

Is there a way to convert the callout symbol and leader into a block so that it could be inserted into the next drawings?

I've had mixed results with blocks including macros added to the library-sometimes they activate when unblocked, sometimes not. Maybe someone knows the handshake for that. I keep things like this either in a warehouse plan or a cad detail in a template, then just copy and paste.