Export Plan To Dwg

timmy123

I am not sure what your issue is. I don't know that error code. I did not have any problem with the export. See attached files. You can import these to CA to check what the data looks like if you do not have ACAD.

But I will add this, learn to use Annotation sets and stop creating a new layerset for everything you are sending to layout.

Project_Dunning_Export up 2.zip

• Downvote 1

Timmy:

Sorry about that ... I thought their Knowledge Base might have information about your problem.  I should have looked 1st.  There were some other links that were similar to your issue ... one I looked at pertained to VectorWorks.  Hope you get it figured out.

Contact support. Teigha is the organization that provides the library that we use to import and export DWG and DXF files. It used to be called the Open DWG Alliance, but they changed their name a few years ago. An error of this sort is something we will need to look into. Contact support and give them the plan and steps to reproduce the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to import a DWG file from a potential client and I got an error message Teigha Library Error 62.

I don't often try to import CAD files, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.  Any suggestions?

post-513-0-46392200-1462417143_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to import a DWG file from a potential client and I got an error message Teigha Library Error 62.

I don't often try to import CAD files, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. Any suggestions?

error message.jpg

Not sure. That's doesn't look familiar. Can you maybe zip it and attach here so we can test it out for you?

Here's DWG file that gives me the error message.  This was created in AutoCAD 2016. The client also sent me the file saved as AutoCAD 2010, but I got the same error message with that one too.

Let me know if you can figure out what the problem is!

3D dwg file.zip

Here you go Kathleen.  See if these work for you.  I had a friend of mine open and save in an older version of AutoCAD (2000).  Not sure what exactly the issue was.  Maybe just the fact the file was written by a newer version (regardless of what file type it was saved as).  Who knows.  But hopefully these work for you (they do for me). 

3D dwg file_Yanky Steinmetz 2.zip

Thanks so much.  I could indeed open this version in X8.  It looked fine in plan view, but there was nothing there in 3D.  And while I typically just trace over the walls etc. in a CAD plan in Chief, this one involved a bunch of custom equipment saved as CAD blocks.  No way I can recreate all that. So I'll have to pass on this project.

Thanks again for your help.  :-)

Thanks so much. I could indeed open this version in X8. It looked fine in plan view, but there was nothing there in 3D. And while I typically just trace over the walls etc. in a CAD plan in Chief, this one involved a bunch of custom equipment saved as CAD blocks. No way I can recreate all that. So I'll have to pass on this project.

Thanks again for your help. :-)

You're welcome. The 3D is all there. You just have to import as a 3D Symbol and not as a drawing.

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem as Kathleen. I have multiple CAD files that I need to import, and with each I get a Teigha Library Error: 42 - Invalid File Version

I have X9 and the file version is 2013, so there should be no issues. I have attached the files that I am trying to import, in case any kind heart can get this to work!

x-as built-level 1plan.dwg

x-as built-level 2 plan.dwg

x-as built-sect-elev.dwg

x-as built-site plan.dwg

x-as grid.dwg