How do I get a second sink into this vanity? Please see attached.

zowie123

Hi All,

The only way I know how to achieve this look is to vertically split a drawer using an inset box style.  It's a very common look these days, All works out fine until adding the second sink.  Chief doesn't like two sinks in one cabinet.  Any different approaches or work arounds welcome.  

Thank you, 

Barry

0102.jpg

Then there's not on around the outside? 

The real question is, we have the tools to make most cabinet configurations, but we're limited by not being able to drop in a second sink. Perhaps the programmers could see a way to allow more control over sinks?

Zowie, you are WAY too pickie IMHO. That is the only solution possible. I get that what Chief58 made was not the same style of cabinet and sink but that is the way to a solution for your stated problem, use your cabinet and your sink but just two cabinets and then two sinks. What exactly is your objection to a straightforward solution?

DJP

• Downvote 2

First off, thank you both for your help.  My question was how to get two sinks into the type of cabinet I had styled.  The client has a cabinet picked out and is paying me to see that cabinet with two sinks  modeled in their space with the countertop and flooring they picked out.  So yes, picky is the job. 

Not an issue creating the cabinet, we have some great cabinet tools these days, the limitation seems to be with the sinks.  I was putting the question out there to see if anyone had a solution to the question before adding it to suggestions. 

I appreciate the help, but I'm still  interested in knowing if there's a way to drop in two sinks into the cabinet style I had created.  

Thanks again, Barry

Perhaps the programmers could see a way to allow more control over sinks?

Perhaps, but maybe you could just use the controls we already have. :)

You could use two cabinets or one.

If you are using two cabinets, you can customize the faces to remove the left or right stile to get the look you want.  Then block them together if you want them to be treated as one cabinet.

If you are using one cabinet, just place the sink free standing in the plan and drag it on top of the cabinet.

In the picture below, the cabinet on the left is two separate cabinets each owning a sink.  The cabinet on the right is one cabinet that only owns one sink and the other is a free standing sink.

two sinks.jpg

two sinks.plan

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zowie123 said:

Chief doesn't like two sinks in one cabinet.  Any different approaches or work arounds welcome.  

Custom counter, insert sinks into counter without cabinets, then move.

two sinks.png

I called Chief today on this issue.  I had to create two custom countertops to sit on top of the kohler Jute cabinet from the manufacturers library.  The cabinet doesn't come with a countertop, so I had to create a custom top.  I still couldn't add two sinks, so I now have two countertops....ouch.

sinks plan.jpg

sinks.jpg

33 minutes ago, brushpark said:

I still couldn't add two sinks, so I now have two countertops....ouch.

After making the custom countertop-move it. Then add sinks. then move back (I use Transform Replicate- move 100, 50, something simple) Some sinks don't work from the library, copy and paste into user library, Open Symbol and check, alter if needed.

Once in a while I've seen it matter which side you place the first sink on-left appears to have fewer problems.

SO while you may not NEED a custom countertop you will have more control AND you can even get a "Countertop Drawing" to send to the fabricator.

Kohler Jute.png

counter drawing.png

Forgot to attach the plan. And should clarify countertop drawing- just counters, openings and dimension. Note that the counter for the cabinet is missing from the top drawing.

two jutes.plan

Some sinks don't work from the library, copy and paste into user library, Open Symbol and check, alter if needed.

If you know of any sinks in our libraries that do not work correctly, please report these to tech support so that we can correct them.

After making the custom countertop-move it. Then add sinks. then move back

Just to be clear, moving the custom counter top is not necessary.  You can just put the sinks in the plan as free standing fixtures and then move them into place over the cabinet. 

• Like 1