Shear Wall CAD Detail

Constantin

Hello,

I was wandering if any of you may have the Shear Wall CAD details (shown on some of the Chief sample layouts - see attached) to share with me. The Hold-Down and the Shear Wall schedules and the Portal Frame Elevation detail will give me a good place to start my shear wall design.

Best Regards,

Constantin A

Shear Wall.png

No, the plans are not available for download.

I was actually browsing the net (including strongtie.com) for quite a bit, but I couldn't find anything. I was hopping someone may have a copy that would save me time building from scratch.

Best regards,

Constantin A

Simpson has a plethora of details available for their lateral and uplift system components. Download this application guide, find the connection detail you need (eg D/21, etc.) then go here to download a dwg or dxf file.

APA has details as well. Go here to search and download.

Personally I'd run the numbers first to determine what the loads are, then design the system and find applicable products, and then lastly draw the details.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 5/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, Constantin said:

Hello,

I was wandering if any of you may have the Shear Wall CAD details (shown on some of the Chief sample layouts - see attached) to share with me. The Hold-Down and the Shear Wall schedules and the Portal Frame Elevation detail will give me a good place to start my shear wall design.

Best Regards,

Constantin A

Shear Wall.png

did you ever find it? I am looking for it also