vaulted ceiling wall issues

chiefmodify

Hi,  As you can see int the pic, I have interior walls, that don't change to attic walls/exterior walls, so I have drywall outside, and I have a partial wall sticking through roof,  Can't figure out either.

Thanks for the help.

problem.jpg

Hi Chief Modify,

I've had a quick look at your plan and have noticed a lot of areas that require attention, that I think come down to sloppiness with the program.  I don't intend to come across as critical, it looks like you are new to chief and I think you've done a very good job with what you have so far.  But I would suggest that you start by making sure that your plans are as tight and accurate as possible.  Make sure that 2nd floor walls align above 1st floor walls.  Check that roof edges are straight and meet the outside surface of a wall they but into, and don't cut through the wall or stand off of it.  Chief does a lot of things really well, but it also relies on the user being accurate and precise.

I do notice that the roof surface of the lower roof is below the floor surface of the second floor where it passes over the exterior wall.  This may be causing the 2nd floor wall at the open below area to project above the roof.  You can also use the "shelf ceiling" option for that 1st floor closet room to remove some of those attic walls.

Instead of creating second floor walls and a second floor room 'open to below' create a room divider wall on the first floor and spec that room without a flat ceiling. Then you can delete the second floor offending walls as they are really serving no purpose. You can note your room as 'open to below' on the second floor as you have done but no need to actually create an open to below room on the second floor - just eliminate the ceiling on the first floor, and get rid of the offending second floor walls.

See if that works for you

current_test_2.plan

Oh yeah as far as those attic walls not behaving correctly, I have been using Chief for 20 years and have NEVER had them behave correctly - EVER. You'll need someone with a higher pay grade to figure those walls out....