Need Help Fixing Roof Design

ChiefUserJJAS

I am trying to recreate the design of our existing house and then I would like to add on a one car garage to the front and a room addition to the back. I have some pictures of our house that I have been using to compare along the way.
I have tried every combination I can think of to get the roof design correct but when I get one section fixed it creates several other issues. As I work toward correcting those, the part I had corrected - is no longer correct! 
I have even removed the additional garage and room to see if I can then successfully recreate the roof. No luck! I have watched countless videos and read countless instructions (which is how I have got this far!), but I'm missing something - and I just can't find any instructions to solve it.
At one point I had the roof over the front porch and the dormer completely corrected with the dormer area being the hip roof and the small gable area over the porch. I worked my way over to the garage side of the design and whatever I did created the flaw in the roof over the porch. Also the existing room over the garage is way off. I read about SWT and one point had HALF of the room and garage correct, but messed it up again as I was trying to get it the other half fixed.

I also upgraded from Home Designer Pro 2017 to 2019 two days ago. Now I have some white X's and some black X's in the design. I assume they are "telling" me something is wrong - but cannot click on them, cannot find any documentation online telling me what they mean and how to use them to help fix the problem.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!   :wacko:

Thank you!

Home Plan - Copy What it looks like now - Copy.plan

Front of House 2.jpg

Back of House.jpg

Front of House.jpg

Room above existing garage.jpg

The X's appear to be roof intersection points that can be helpful when doing manual roof plane adjustments.

They were generated by a setting in Preferences > Architectural > Roofs > "Automatically Place Roof Intersection Points"

They can be deleted with the Delete Temporary Points tool 5af758353be1f_DeleteTemporaryPointstool.JPG.5428e5c6c902828f6d26d240bbfd818b.JPG

You still have a long way to go but try selecting your front gable walls and open the DBX and go to the Roof tab and select "Auto Roof Return" Roof Type: "Full"

Roof Returns.jpg