Layout Template Set Up

EconBlueprints

Can I set up a boilerplate template for my layout ( several pages of building code notes, typicals, etc) without having to save the plan I used to create it?  In Chief 10, every time I opened the layout template, every plan file that had anything do to with the layout template had to be accessible in order for the template to work.  If I modified one of the template notes (say for instance the template note has a 42" frost depth, but the specific layout will call out a 48" frost depth) then I would be asked if I wanted to modify the original plan as well when I went to save the layout.  This was a real time consuming process, since many plans were generated over the years to come up with the plan notes.  All plan notes were sent to the layout from the various plans as Cad Details.

Thanks,

Lane

39 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

Can I set up a boilerplate template for my layout ( several pages of building code notes, typicals, etc) without having to save the plan I used to create it? 

Yes, just save the Layout Template without any Plan specific information.  Then set that as your default Template.

• Upvote 1