Dormer / floor

QualicoreHomes

Hello, 

Can someone tell me how to fix this.  Every time I get close but not close enough.  I needed to have these dormers open to the floor below so I added a second story and did open to below but now everywhere else in the house it added height to the main floor (I think the floor height of the second floor).  What should I have done differently?   I only need a 8' ceiling. 

Also, I still struggle to get the dormer roof planes to tie in nicely with the main roof.  I watched the videos and am trying the join roof planes function for both the hole in roof and actual ceiling planes.  The plan is to big to add to this post, so will add separate post 

Capture 2.PNG

The extra floor may not have been a good idea but you are almost there on the dormer.  Move the roof plan to the same level as the dormer so you can fix it.  (you can move it back later if you want).  Pull the dormer roof plan back until it is inside of the opening in the roof.  Use the snap tool to seam the opening and the roof plan to each other.  Do this on both sides of each dormer.  Now delete the back wall of the dormer.  It is  forming a room that you do not want.  That should do it.

Untitled 1.jpg

It is giving you that error message because you already have a hole there for the dormer.  You can always turn off the flat ceiling of the room below and place a ceiling plan manually.  Eric is right on about getting rid of the second floor.

Hello, 

Wasn't trying to say he wasn't right :).  I have a lot of respect for the knowledgeable people on this forum :).  Thanks both for your helpful help, I really appreciate it!!

I got it fixed and looking how it is supposed to.  I do want to sneak in a final question yet and that is on the one dormer the hole in the roof had to be on the inside of the walls and on the other on the outside of the walls in order for it to work.  Would there be a reason for that?  Also, there is that wall by the kitchen wall that only goes up 8' like it is supposed to but it doesn't have a cap and on the ceiling or roof there is a opening the size of that wall.  Any hints for that?

Untitled 4.plan